Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2013, 11:06 AM

63 posts, read 125,379 times

Advertisements

Anybody here recommed an great indoor swimming class or facility. O2 is nice but far. We're okay with semiprivate lessons as well as we've got 2 kids.

Aquatots is on a slower pace than we'd like so want to look elsewhere.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 05:05 PM

355 posts, read 1,499,669 times
We like Triangle Aquatics. Our friends are happy with Sport to Sport. Their kids go for private lessons there.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:14 PM

554 posts, read 1,150,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbogator2001 View Post
Anybody here recommed an great indoor swimming class or facility. O2 is nice but far. We're okay with semiprivate lessons as well as we've got 2 kids.

Aquatots is on a slower pace than we'd like so want to look elsewhere.

Thanks
If you want to give Aqua Tots another look in the spring/summer they offer a program called "Fast Track" that has been simply amazing for my children. It is 8 days over two weeks with the same instructor. It's shocking how much progress they can make in such a short time. I fully plan to take advantage of this again if they offer it.

I love Aqua Tots because it's convenient and generally a good program. I definitely have my favorite instructors though. It makes a difference.

Before finding Aqua Tots we used the Triangle Swim School at the Triangle Aquatic Center. These folks are very professional. There are only two children per class, so there is much more time within a 30 minute class for YOUR child. I've been tempted to go back but it's just so much further for us than Aqua Tots where I am generally happy.

Old 01-09-2014, 11:07 AM

11 posts, read 25,712 times
My oldest learned to swim at the Triangle Aquatic Center. Very good program, moved at a very fast pace. My youngest is only 13 months, so I have him at Aquatots for now which is all we need for him to feel comfortable in the water. When he is ready to actually swim, we will probably take him to the TAC.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:19 PM

580 posts, read 709,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkal View Post
We like Triangle Aquatics. Our friends are happy with Sport to Sport. Their kids go for private lessons there.
I got an email the other day from Sport 2 Sport. They are closing at the Cary O2 location. I guess O2 is taking back the pool?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM

580 posts, read 709,140 times
I hear great things about Triangle Swim School which teaches at TAC (TAC also does their own lessons too). But when I tried to get private lessons there, the wait list was very long and you had to give a credit card just to be put on the wait list. Not sure if that has changed, it's been a few years.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:27 PM

63 posts, read 125,379 times
Default Thank you all for the help

I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary