Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 10:17 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,089,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
Wake County should introduce a new rule that requires schools to remain closed through the weekend when New Years Day falls on a Wednesday or Thursday. This morning was way too painful for all involved getting my kids off to school for what amounts to a two-day week. Next year I'm taking my family out of town so I have an excuse to keep the kids home on January 2.
Let me know where you find good vacation packages. I'm not a fan of them going back today, either.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:20 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,038,954 times
We skipped today. They came in from California last night at midnight, way too tired to get up today. May skip tomorrow too.

Last edited by lamishra; 01-02-2014 at 11:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:35 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,535,844 times
Quote:
Wake County should introduce a new rule that requires schools to remain closed through the weekend when New Years Day falls on a Wednesday or Thursday. This morning was way too painful for all involved getting my kids off to school for what amounts to a two-day week. Next year I'm taking my family out of town so I have an excuse to keep the kids home on January 2.
Good for you.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:35 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,323,062 times
The cold icy wind is blowing and swaying the bare winter trees back and forth as the suns journey high into the sky has begun. Yes its another winter day in the triangle! Happy Friday!

Old 01-03-2014, 08:21 AM

12,798 posts, read 16,228,596 times
Quote:
Oh Yikes. Chapel Hill doesn't go back until Monday. My kids would have been really bummed out to return this week.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:37 AM

645 posts, read 985,910 times
Still grousing about the Duke loss to Texas A&M in the Chick Fil A bowl. Painful fourth quarter. Painful second half. Boone carved up A&M in the first...thought (well hoped...) it was in the bag at the half.

Gorgeous day though...cold as all heck, but gorgeous indeed.

Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,607,716 times
Just called our rental insurance co because when we move we have to have more coverage according to our lease. I was worried about the increase in price. Pleasantly surprised to find out it will be half of what we are paying here in FL.
Bonus!

Old 01-03-2014, 10:17 AM

77 posts, read 187,911 times
Has anyone in Chapel Hill / Carrboro or any other more western parts of the Triangle noticed certain Triad (yes, Triad) radio station signals dropping?

I used to have no issues getting 107.5 KZL and Rock 92.3 in my car but as soon as I came back from visiting my parents on the 1st I noticed that both of those stations have no signal in downtown Carrboro. It gets better as I head south to work in Pittsboro, but it's really strange. I don't know a lot about radio reception - could it be weather related? I thought it might have something to do with the new year and some of the new radio station re-assignments / market changes.

I've also noticed that my favorite station, WKNC 88.1 (NCSU's student radio station) keeps getting weaker and weaker reception in Chapel Hill / Carrboro. It seemed suddenly worse on Jan 1 as well. I thought there might be something wrong with my antenna, but it's only those 3 stations that I've noticed dropping out.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
Just called our rental insurance co because when we move we have to have more coverage according to our lease. I was worried about the increase in price. Pleasantly surprised to find out it will be half of what we are paying here in FL.
Bonus!

Insurance here is one of the things that's definitely cheaper than FL. Happy New Year!

Old 01-03-2014, 12:24 PM

It's cold outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary