Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 05:53 PM

1,462 posts, read 658,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITB_OG View Post
I've had some frieze carpet by I think Shaw in all our bedrooms for more years than I care to admit and it still looks really good although the oatmeal color one in my room is starting to show a little age if you really really look at it in the right light. We only have kids and cats, no dogs, but I'd expect a lot more than 4 years out of carpet. At 4 years, ours looked like new.
Wow, that's much better than what we got at 4 years. And, we don't wear shoes in the house. Ever. Keep up with the muddy paws, too. Will look into frieze carpet. Thanks for the suggestion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 05:59 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,925,479 times
Quote:
I've had some frieze carpet by I think Shaw in all our bedrooms for more years than I care to admit and it still looks really good although the oatmeal color one in my room is starting to show a little age if you really really look at it in the right light. We only have kids and cats, no dogs, but I'd expect a lot more than 4 years out of carpet. At 4 years, ours looked like new.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:20 PM

130 posts, read 109,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
Wat?!

I know this is the case in Costa Rica and Aus, but here?
I’m afraid so....there have been several alligator sightings in the surf and coming to the beach area while beach goers are relaxing. The South Carolina low country seems to be a popular area for them.

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/...243419926.html

Old 10-17-2020, 12:44 PM

1,326 posts, read 724,126 times
I just drove by a new neighborhood that had a sign that said “From the 900’s.” I knew the Triangle was getting pricey, but that’s a first for me.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I just drove by a new neighborhood that had a sign that said “From the 900’s.” I knew the Triangle was getting pricey, but that’s a first for me.
Yikes, I just looked up North Ridge where my parents lived many moons ago. The first house went for 3 mill and change. Of course, not the street my parents lived on for sure....

Old 10-19-2020, 08:08 AM

1,204 posts, read 777,394 times
Had to go to Gibsonville this weekend to get hardwood for the project I am working on. I was surprised to see the amount Biden/Harris signs on people's yards. Especially Gibsonville had a lot, I wasn't expecting that.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:13 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,088,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
Had to go to Gibsonville this weekend to get hardwood for the project I am working on. I was surprised to see the amount Biden/Harris signs on people's yards. Especially Gibsonville had a lot, I wasn't expecting that.
Even in rural areas many people have soured on Trump. Now even establishment candidates like Biden and Harris don't seem so bad after the way the Trump administration mishandled our nation's response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:57 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,817,437 times
In case anybody might be interested, Parmalee is scheduled to headline a free concert during the 2021 NC Freedom Fest on May 15 in Goldsboro.

https://www.goldsborodailynews.com/2...-freedom-fest/

Old 10-19-2020, 01:31 PM

Does anyone ever wonder about posters that would be very active daily on many threads and then one day your realize they haven't posted a thing in a very long time? And then never did again. I wonder sometimes what happened to them.....Does this mean, in fact, that I am long overdue for having a life? Ha, ha. But come on now, did you ever?

Old 10-19-2020, 01:59 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,596,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow Hal View Post
Does anyone ever wonder about posters that would be very active daily on many threads and then one day your realize they haven't posted a thing in a very long time? And then never did again. I wonder sometimes what happened to them.....Does this mean, in fact, that I am long overdue for having a life? Ha, ha. But come on now, did you ever?
I have. I guess looking at death certificates doing genealogy makes you wonder about those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary