Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 12:44 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
Nothing has changed. The ladder, wheelbarrow and miscellaneous junk are all still facing my property. The HOA Manager is still sending letters which are apparently being ignored. Thanks for asking, MJ
That is just not right !! I guess they are still parking in front of your house too..
Tell us where they live and we'll go roll their yard !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 12:47 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,864,172 times
Yep, that car is still in front of my house. It was the only car on the street during those snow days we had.

OMG. You know I just had surgery. Stop making me laugh so hard! ;-) I would share the address (she even has a website about the night he proposed, apparently) but I'm sure there are some people watching this thread ready to beat me up for having a natural yard. j/k

Old 02-18-2014, 02:28 PM

UPDATE

The HOA Manager sent me an email saying that she talked to the husband and he refuses to move the ladder stating that I have a ladder under my deck. She told him that my ladder is completely obscured by my house so it's not breaking any rules. She said that she will come out in the next week or so to assess the situation again.

I used my upstairs bathroom the other day and the ladder is really an eyesore from that angle (I have a garden tub with a separate shower, so now I can't even enjoy my daily preparations without seeing what they don't want to see).

I saw this sign and laughed out loud. I'm definitely moving and would love to be able to put one of these in my yard.
Hilarious For Sale By Owner Sign Calls Out Neighbor (PHOTO)

MJ

Old 02-18-2014, 02:49 PM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
The next week or so? Wow, good to see they are on top of blatant rule breakers who say it to their face that they don't care!

I still think you need to go find your survey and see where the property line is. If the ladder is touching your property, he has to move it, no matter what the HOA says.

Old 02-18-2014, 02:52 PM

Hi Sherriftruman,

I think it's due to the snow days we lost last week. I've been back in the hospital (sigh) so I understand lost days. ;-)

I plan to pull the survey. I've been trying to stay alive lately, so haven't had a chance. Hopefully, the sixth time is the charm and I'm really on the road to recovery (and closer to moving away from these self-absorbed you-know-whats).

Thanks for your support. It helps to know I'm not living in the Twilight Zone. ;-)

MJ

Old 02-18-2014, 03:28 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times
Prayers for a full recovery. You don't need extra stress hampering your efforts. Hope it's resolved soon.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:33 PM

Thank you so much. It's been a bumpy ride as of late (having surgery complications from a surgery in early October), but I'm a survivor. ;-)

Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 PM

449 posts, read 699,466 times
Default So let me get this straight...

Quote:
UPDATE

The HOA Manager sent me an email saying that she talked to the husband and he refuses to move the ladder stating that I have a ladder under my deck. She told him that my ladder is completely obscured by my house so it's not breaking any rules. She said that she will come out in the next week or so to assess the situation again.

I used my upstairs bathroom the other day and the ladder is really an eyesore from that angle (I have a garden tub with a separate shower, so now I can't even enjoy my daily preparations without seeing what they don't want to see).

I saw this sign and laughed out loud. I'm definitely moving and would love to be able to put one of these in my yard.
Hilarious For Sale By Owner Sign Calls Out Neighbor (PHOTO)

MJ
Is this ladder you have the same one said neighbor used to borrow from you (mentioned very early in the comment thread)?

If so, phew, these folks are unreal!

Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 PM

Yes, it is. They didn't have a big enough ladder when they moved in (our houses have two stories) and borrowed ours several times before getting their own (to hang facing my yard). Yep, they are unreal. I'm looking forward to healing and listing the house. I really, really dislike this subdivision.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:55 PM

449 posts, read 699,466 times
Quote:
Yes, it is. They didn't have a big enough ladder when they moved in (our houses have two stories) and borrowed ours several times before getting their own (to hang facing my yard). Yep, they are unreal. I'm looking forward to healing and listing the house. I really, really dislike this subdivision.
OMFG.

Really. Karma will hopefully get them in the end. But until then, rest and recover, and choose one or two of the great suggestions mentioned earlier, one of the low-impact ones.

I am once again reminded of how great we have it here in our neighborhood! My SIL calls it mythical, in that who'd believe you could have such a great bunch of people in a really cool location...

Keep us posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary