Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:04 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,333,904 times

Advertisements

You are still arguing over a ladder and contemplating a costly move, when your health is at stake? I think you need to shift some priorities around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 01:12 PM

1,764 posts, read 2,856,115 times
Kahuna, thanks. No sense in you getting in trouble over a silly ladder. I'll survive.

Convextech, I posted an update because I received an email from the HOA manager today. The ladder, while annoying, is the least of my concerns. I'm trying to survive through these complications so I can move. My priorities are just fine.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:19 PM

11,202 posts, read 8,246,380 times
Reps MJD

Thanks for the update too. Convextech, it may look that way, but this was a very active thread (as seen by the 23 pages of stuff), and a lot of people took energy to respond and to try to offer support or opinions.

I say good-on MJD for giving an update. Next person who comes on these boards looking to move here without a job, looking for Pizza like they had back home, I say everyone get on board and tell them what a great place MJD has for sale, and at a great price.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:26 PM

Hey Myghost, you and Kahuna are going to kill me over here. It hurts when I laugh so hard!

ETA: We do have Anna's pizza out here so there is some GOOD pizza out this way. ;-)

Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,220,415 times
Sorry to hear your neighbors are jerks. Good luck with the move. If you do stay, this is what I would do now that we know your HOA is of no use. I would by several inexpensive Leland cypresses (I am not usually a fan but they are perfect in this case) and plant a row of them every 10 feet along the entire back fence. Eventually they will grow so big and lush you will not be able to see the ladder, the fence, or your neighbors. As an added bonus it will make it challenging for them to actually get access to the ladder.

It makes me sad your neighbors or so inconsiderate. I wish you the best with your recovery.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:36 PM

Hey North_Raleigh_Guy,

I would love to plant something over there. Right now, survival is high on my list and planting has to be low. Some friends did offer to come plant some bushes for me over there but the wife has since been diagnosed with cancer. She just finished radiation and is doing well so I'm glad about that.

Thanks for the good wishes. I've not been in the hospital or ER for a month now so that's an improvement! I'll get there and put the house on the market. Hopefully, the next place is a better fit for us and I'll be sure to take a survey of ladders on fences before I buy again. lol

Thanks again!
MJ

Old 04-22-2014, 01:43 PM

595 posts, read 673,850 times
I've checked into this thread every now and then. I think you should buy a very large mirror and set it up so they see their ladder. Have a local artist paint something nice on the backside of the mirror facing you.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:46 PM

Where do you all come up with these great ideas?!?!?! That is TOO funny.

I'm sure the Princess' head would explode if her precious world had to be tarnished by viewing HER ladder.

The most annoying part is I have a beautiful master bath and the ladder is clear even up there. It's kind of funny (in a sad way) how they complained about my ladder since they borrowed my ladder several times for almost a year until they bought one. No good deed...

Old 04-22-2014, 01:50 PM

9,766 posts, read 15,721,918 times
How about a bird feeder above the ladder. They could leave some droppings on the ladder...

Old 04-22-2014, 01:50 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,559,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd07 View Post
The fence is their property and their "logic" is the ladder is connected to their fence, and now the HOA Manager seems to have washed her hands of the matter just because they are foul-mouthed bullies.

I just need to move. The stress of being sick and injured for so long and living between these people and the 30+ something that refuses to do anything but party all the time is wearing me out at an exponential rate.
I know, MJD, but if the fence and/or the ladder is actually on your property according to the property boundaries defined in the survey, they can say whatever they want and their logic is incorrect - this is enforceable - you could have an attorney send them a letter. Looking at the survey and paying for an attorney letter sure is less expensive and less stressful than a move. Wish you the best.

By survey I mean the property survey you would have ordered prior to closing on your house, that shows you where your property boundaries are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary