Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 07:59 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuyer_Raleigh View Post
I think it is better not to buy a home from Ashton Woods. If you look at all the blogs of home buyer from Texas, Georgia, and Arizon area. You find more negative things about his company. The company only care about money, not quality.
Again-they are a BUSINESS, not a charity.

Respectfully-

All of these concerns would have been unearthed prior to you signing a contract if you had read those blogs beforehand or had an agent worth their commission or both.

Biggest purchase of your life. Get educated. People spend weeks shopping to save $100 on a car or a refrigerator and walk into model homes like Bambi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,028 times
This RAL division of AW does not respect the client, & their customer service is terrible. Sales doesn't respond after they have you under contract, and the onsite at GlenPark s/d in Cary is not ethical.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:49 PM

3,239 posts, read 3,541,875 times
I can't believe they are able to charge so much for their Amberly homes in Chatham county. The again, did a bit of house shopping in eastern Chatham county and the prices were much higher than I expected on new construction and resale.

Old 10-12-2018, 06:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,183 times
Ashton Woods is not friendly to single women. Only deal with them if there is a man around to keep them honest.

Old 10-13-2018, 03:42 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I've recently sold 2 of their homes and had no issues as a female (as the above poster seems to have had).

The first house was a pre sale and we had some things that the home inspector found that seemed to take some "convincing" to get done. But...they took care of it and in a timely manner! Second home was the model home and to be honest, my buyers got a great deal on the house and some of the furnishings!

Just today, I showed a couple of their homes in Holding Village and was quite impressed with the look!

Old 10-15-2018, 08:16 AM

5,336 posts, read 3,212,693 times
We just visited Ashton Woods Saturday (Kildaire Crossing).

Was not impressed with the houses at all. Even the model homes with the upgrades were very average, very VERY little closet space in any of the homes (we saw a total of 4 models). They do a good job on the outside of the house, and we liked how they looked from the outside, but the inside, even though new, looks dated. I can't put my finger on it, but it just looks like stepping back into 2003.

We're about 8-12 months out from buying so we're narrowing down what builders we like. Ashton Woods is off the list.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:56 PM

15 posts, read 14,355 times
Any thoughts about
Ashton woods in hamptons at umstead??

They have a house for 819k there.

Old 10-16-2018, 02:48 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howevereasy View Post
Any thoughts about

Walk through houses under construction, and also finished competition in the $800,000's.
See how they compare in construction.
I would look at framing spacings, tight or sloppy framing, use of dropped headers rather than flush ceilings with steel I-beams carrying spans.

At $819,000, you should be able to find a custom built home, although you may give up some space.
It is a comparison you should at least make prior to contract, IMO.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howevereasy View Post
Any thoughts about

Plenty of listings in that neighborhood that are better built homes. Less square footage but better built homes.
Walk thru that Ashton Woods home and really look at it. The drywall finish. The flooring materials. The trimwork. The cabinetry.
Now go do the same thing in a custom home in the same neighborhood. If you are paying attention, you will see the difference.
Now decide if you are willing to trade that difference for the square footage.
I am not.
When those homes are 10 years old you will REALLY notice the difference.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:32 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Plenty of listings in that neighborhood that are better built homes. Less square footage but better built homes.
Walk thru that Ashton Woods home and really look at it. The drywall finish. The flooring materials. The trimwork. The cabinetry.
Now go do the same thing in a custom home in the same neighborhood. If you are paying attention, you will see the difference.
Now decide if you are willing to trade that difference for the square footage.
I am not.
When those homes are 10 years old you will REALLY notice the difference.

$$$/SF is one of the greatest traps in real estate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary