Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:56 AM

836 posts, read 3,468,894 times

Advertisements

Okay, I know i am behind the times, but I figured that, by now, the Wii would be easy to find. I mean, can't they just make lots more to meet demand by now???? The guy at Best Buy just told me that they "have 18 coming in on Sunday, but they will likely be taken quickly". He says it has been this way all year.

So, I guess if I want one I need to start following where they are being sold, when, etc. Can someone help this old "out of the loop" person out and tell me where the best place is to find one, or any other suggestions ya'll may have?

Old 11-29-2007, 11:01 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
every year there is some gift that comes out, with only a few in each store so that they cause histeria, people waiting on line in the cold over night etc. last year it was xbox and this year i guess it's wii...
i just went online the following stores carry it--at least online:
walmart
best buy

Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 AM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
The Wii is flying off the shelves. I've been to Best Buy (last weekend) and they told us that the truck comes on Wednesday evenings and its gone by the following day. So you have to be diligent and check places daily for the truck delivery. I even went to the smaller game stop shop and they are out too. As is Target (who said the same thing, they are gone the evening the truck delivers it).

You think you're behind the times? We're buying a GameCube!!! First game set for our 9 year old and when we are ready to invest in a Wii years from now, we can still use the games. I might buy it used for $30-$40 at a Game Shop...haven't decided yet.

Good luck!
Lauren

Old 11-29-2007, 11:17 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,054,971 times
The best way to get your hands on a Wii is to buy it on-line.

If you insist on buying it at a local store, be prepared to arrive before the store opens on the delivery date for their next batch. If you get there early enough & are towards the front of the line, you may be in luck.

Just driving around from store to store & asking will not cut it. There is a LOT of demand out there for the Wii. You have to work hard to get one. Good luck!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:47 PM

546 posts, read 2,416,801 times
Default help

How do you buy it online? Every where I check says you have to buy it at the store. Although I could buy the "bundle" for $640.00!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:50 PM

148 posts, read 676,625 times
Lots of them for sale on Ebay - but you will pay more...

Old 11-29-2007, 02:05 PM

321 posts, read 1,576,935 times
Game stop at Kildaire Farm Rd and Tryon Rd (the Harris Teeter / Wal Mart plaza) in Cary were saying they had a bunch a couple of weeks ago.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:08 PM

148 posts, read 676,625 times
Better go buy them all and sell them on Ebay - where they are going for over $500!! Now that's a solid investment.....

Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 PM

324 posts, read 1,285,146 times
If Target gets a shipment its on Sundays but you have to be there first thing in the morning at opening.

I was talking to someone at GameStop and they think the shortage is controlled due to the lack of games. By spring of next year there should be a lot more game availability and then perhaps production will increase. At least that was the theory I've heard so far that makes the most sense. Already there are a lot more games out than not that long ago. They don't want people to buy the Wii and then be disappointed by the lack of games and send a bad rep about the system.

We got ours one weekend when Best Buy and Target all got their shipments and there was no problem finding them for that one weekend. There used to be a way to tell if Target was getting their shipment through their web site but they found out and disabled it.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 PM

12 posts, read 28,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNC View Post
Okay, I know i am behind the times, but I figured that, by now, the Wii would be easy to find. I mean, can't they just make lots more to meet demand by now???? The guy at Best Buy just told me that they "have 18 coming in on Sunday, but they will likely be taken quickly". He says it has been this way all year.

So, I guess if I want one I need to start following where they are being sold, when, etc. Can someone help this old "out of the loop" person out and tell me where the best place is to find one, or any other suggestions ya'll may have?
Someone who works in Target told me that when you see it advertised in the circular for that weeks sales it means they will be or already have some in stock. Usually we get the paper Sat. so very early Sun. usually couple hours before store opens you should get on line (assuming there is one) to purchase it. Hope it helps good luck. FYI I was lucky to get mine at Best Buy since another friendly clerk told me when a shipment was coming in and I was there when the store opened. The closer to the holiday the harder it will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary