Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 02:08 PM

135 posts, read 162,228 times

Advertisements

I'll vote for the Chipotle!

Got to agree on the BBQ place Scratchie! My first thought was that would be added to my list of BBQ to try out in my new area until I saw Ohio...

Given the choice, I prefer Longhorn to Logan's so I'm good with that change...don't do many burger places, but I'm OK with Five Guys...Definitely looking forward to the Carolina Ale House though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 02:15 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,979,017 times
Would love a Chipotle's but that's just a pipe dream at this point. Moe's was extremely underwhelming on my one visit there.

If Longhorn is better than Logan's, that's OK. I would take Friday's over Logan's, so that place isn't hard to top IMO.

Don't know what the gripe is re: Char-Grill, I've always been happy with my food there (although the lady who owns it certainly has an, um, interesting personality).

Old 01-06-2015, 06:06 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,019,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straitlover View Post
Sorry, but that Char-grill is awful!!! If you don't have time to go to Chili's or Logan's, the only other really close option there for a burger is McDonalds (puhlease!)or Wendy's. I will welcome the Five Guys. I won't go there very often since I'm not supposed to eat much red meat (breast cancer survivor), but I will be grateful for when I do.

Now I would be very happy w/ a Panera or Chipoltle type place! The Moe's there won't let me order off the kids menu, and their regular stuff is either too much for what you get or too bog and the leftovers don't hold up.
If you go to Moe' s get their taco meal. It's one big soft or hard taco with everything plus guacamole and sour cream and the chips. It's my go to and is much cheaper then the other selections.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:22 PM

2 posts, read 2,926 times
Official Press Release from Cabela's website! It's opening on April 16th, can't wait!

Cabela's Announces Opening Date of Garner, N.C., Store
Doors to open at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 16; weekend-long celebration to follow

SIDNEY, Neb. (Feb. 16, 2015) — Cabela's announced today plans to celebrate the official grand opening of its Garner, N.C., store Thursday, April 16, with a unique ribbon-cutting ceremony followed by a weekend-long celebration and fun-filled activities.

The ribbon-cutting ceremony, hosted by Cabela's executives and special guests, will begin at 9:45 a.m. and conclude with the grand-opening ribbon being cut by an arrow shot from a bow. Doors will open for business at 10 a.m.

Opening day will kick off an exciting weekend-long celebration of Cabela's first North Carolina location highlighted by special appearances, family events, giveaways and more. A complete schedule of events will be available on www.cabelas.com/garner when finalized.

The 105,000-square-foot store is located at 201 Cabela Drive near the intersection of Interstate 40 and U.S. Highway 70. It will employ approximately 225 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees, most coming from Garner and the surrounding area.

The store is designed to surround customers in a fun, outdoor-like experience with log construction, stonework, a large mountain replica, aquarium, indoor archery range and dozens of museum-quality wildlife displays. Also, it will include a deli, fudge shop, boat shop, Gun Library and Bargain Cave.

In addition to the exciting Cabela's shopping experience and thousands of quality outdoor products, the store's staff will offer educational seminars and demonstrations throughout the year providing tips and insight on outdoor products and activities.

Cabela's Incorporated, the World's Foremost Outfitter® of hunting, fishing and outdoor gear, offers thousands of products, including hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, boating and wildlife-watching gear, as well as clothing and outdoor-themed gifts and furnishings. The company is famous for its strong brand and world-renowned reputation for delivering quality merchandise, value and legendary customer service.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:20 PM

Drove past it today. I'm not even a sportsman and I'm excited to see it open. Looks awesome ...

Old 02-18-2015, 04:30 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,232,408 times
Warning. Do not even think about being in this area on opening weekend. It will be a mass parking lot.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:17 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,557,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecomet View Post
Warning. Do not even think about being in this area on opening weekend. It will be a mass parking lot.
I saw you post a couple months ago regarding Carrabas - you did know there was one on Capital about a mile south of 540, right? We live in Clayton, but ate there regularly when we lived in Roanoke and Richmond VA, so we hunted this one down. lol

Old 02-20-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
I saw you post a couple months ago regarding Carrabas - you did know there was one on Capital about a mile south of 540, right? We live in Clayton, but ate there regularly when we lived in Roanoke and Richmond VA, so we hunted this one down. lol
I think you might be referencing the comment about not seeing an eatery inside Cabelas. Carrabbas was rumoured to open near the new store location. I didn't see where Blue Comet was looking for a Carrabbas specifically. I however know about the one on Capital because I used to work there long ago.

I did read that this Cabelas will have a deli type thing inside the store but not sure if it's a Cabelas establishment or an independent place renting it out. Kind of like Starbucks in bookstores.

Old 02-20-2015, 08:36 AM

13,655 posts, read 12,314,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I think you might be referencing the comment about not seeing an eatery inside Cabelas. Carrabbas was rumoured to open near the new store location. I didn't see where Blue Comet was looking for a Carrabbas specifically. I however know about the one on Capital because I used to work there long ago.

I did read that this Cabelas will have a deli type thing inside the store but not sure if it's a Cabelas establishment or an independent place renting it out. Kind of like Starbucks in bookstores.
If its like past Cabela's I've visited in the Midwest, its more of a lunch buffet type of thing. It is run by Cabelas. Nothing special, but not bad either.

Old 02-20-2015, 02:41 PM

They had me with fudge shop#!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary