Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:33 AM

71 posts, read 99,256 times

Advertisements

We've been trying to find a dining room table set that sits 8 people for the past 5 months. We've checked out all the stores on Glenwood, and seemed most things were either ugly IMO or cheap wood. We liked some stuff we saw at Bassett, but that was the most expensive place of them all. Is there any other places to look besides the typical guys on Glenwood? I'm down in Cary/Apex area. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 06:55 AM

580 posts, read 712,123 times
Can you take a drive to Furnitureland South? Take a look at their website. They usually post prices on each piece as well. If you see something you like, you can also order by phone.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:58 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
I have one in my storage shed that I would be grateful if someone would take it out.
Unfortunately I am not in your area.

Do you have an Amish area where you live?
Maybe a smaller wood shop/furniture store you could look?

Old 02-01-2014, 07:16 AM

677 posts, read 1,903,640 times
I have not shopped there in a long time, but it may be worth a drive to Garner Wayside Furniture; it is on Highway 70.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:35 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy316 View Post
We've been trying to find a dining room table set that sits 8 people for the past 5 months. We've checked out all the stores on Glenwood, and seemed most things were either ugly IMO or cheap wood. We liked some stuff we saw at Bassett, but that was the most expensive place of them all. Is there any other places to look besides the typical guys on Glenwood? I'm down in Cary/Apex area. Thanks!
You've been to Thomasville/Hendredon/Drexel Heritage out at Brier Creek?

You tried Haverty's?

Ethan Allen?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:06 AM

553 posts, read 1,272,344 times
If you don't mind the drive from your neck of the woods, try Rolesville Furniture. From the outside, it looks like a dump, but they have beautiful furniture at great prices. Plus, you will be supporting local business. We bought a bedroom set there. Everyone was very nice and no high sale pressure.

Rolesville Furniture: lowest prices, best selection in Wake County, major brands, financing and easy layaway - all just minutes away from Raleigh, NC!

Old 02-01-2014, 08:11 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
I am furniture shopping too and it's hard to find solid wood tables..
One salesman told me that most of the solid wood tables and consoles that they had were imported ..

Old 02-01-2014, 08:12 AM

637 posts, read 1,058,272 times
For unusual / specialty stuff I'd probably just go to Hickory for a day trip. Yes, it's a bit of a hike but you can easily burn up as much time driving around to multiple places in Raleigh.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:32 AM

420 posts, read 452,037 times
Default Suggestion

I loathe furniture shopping for many reasons but the biggest is I hate the lack of quality that our disposable society supports.

I am in the market for just about everything and need to go Highpoint and or Hickory. However, I purchased a chest of drawers and a dresser for my daughter at Riverview Galleries in Durham. I am also in southern Wake, so it is a hike but they are hospitable and accommodating. if you buy something from the floor, the delivery is very quick. They have brand name furniture...i.e. Lexington, Stanley, Hooker, etc. Their prices are also very good given the quality.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:53 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
We did an entire house of furniture in 2013. Cooper's in Cary had some nice stuff, at more reasonable prices than many other local places. That said, everything we found there that we liked we found cheaper at FurnitureLand South. A lot cheaper? No, not if we were only buying one piece. IMO, the trip only made sense if you are buying multiple items or really enjoy shopping.

Specific to dining rooms furniture, we actually did VERY well on Craigslist. Dining rooms don't get used too often, so the sets are usually in nearly perfect condition. Really amazing what you can find if you give it a little patience and time, and if you want quality at a low price, that's really the ONLY way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary