U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 AM

70 posts, read 207,682 times
Default Best Daycare Centers in North Raleigh?

Hi all,
We're anticipating a move to the North Raleigh area sometime early next year and I'd like to start scoping out the daycare situation. I've got a one-year-old and currently use a stay-at-home mom while I'm at work. It's an arrangement that's worked well for me, but thought that I might explore daycare centers since we're making the transition.

In your opinion, what are the better centers? Do they have any website links? What are the prices for infant care?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 11:00 AM
rfb

1,303 posts, read 3,185,757 times
North Raleigh covers a wide swath of land. I use Primrose School of Hilburn and are very happy with the care my son receives. From what I've read, costs for infant care tends to run in the $800-$1200 range. Primrose would be at the upper end of the price range.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:06 PM

121 posts, read 284,005 times
Are there a need for daycare centers in some areas? I am looking into moving to Raleigh and want to open a daycare business.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:39 PM

3,124 posts, read 8,793,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingaway View Post
Are there a need for daycare centers in some areas? I am looking into moving to Raleigh and want to open a daycare business.
There will always be a need for good quality care for children...but I cant say there is a shortage of daycare places either.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:08 AM

When RFB said $800 to $1200 -- should I assume that that's the cost per month? Are they any other recommendations?

Old 12-02-2007, 08:11 AM

3,124 posts, read 8,793,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2one View Post
When RFB said $800 to $1200 -- should I assume that that's the cost per month? Are they any other recommendations?
Yes, that is per month...and that is about average. You can find some cheaper places, but the point there is if you are really willing to subject your child to them? They tend to have higher turn-over at the very least, as they just don't pay their help well.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Yes, that is per month...and that is about average. You can find some cheaper places, but the point there is if you are really willing to subject your child to them? They tend to have higher turn-over at the very least, as they just don't pay their help well.
I couldn't agree more. We play our daycare provider ~$1200 a month right now for care during the week. The one nice thing about using her though is that she doesn't charge us for days that our daughter isn't in her care. (So, Christmas week, for instance, is a freebie since she's home with us.) It's a nice perk and one I'll certainly miss when we move!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:16 PM

123 posts, read 403,986 times
In the beginning on Spring Forest Road is good. I pay 875/month for a 1 year old
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary