Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM

19 posts, read 32,702 times

Advertisements

Im thinking about opening a nail salon in this shopping center. what do you guys think?

Im thinking......
1) Pedicure liners
2)An english spoken enviroment
3)Waxing/Facials
4)Wine
5)Keurigs/soft drinks
6)Each customer having their own buffer, files etc....

any sugguestions on what i should do or get as in products and services?

BTW How does "Happy Feet Nail and Spa Boutique sound?

Last edited by bronson714; 02-06-2014 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: not sure..........lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronson714 View Post
Im thinking about opening a nail salon in this shopping center. what do you guys think?

Im thinking......
1) PEDICURE LINERS
2)AMERICANIZED EMPLOYEES
3)WAXING/FACIALS
4)WINE
5)KEURIGS/DRINKS
6)EACH CUSTOMER THEIR OWN FILE, BUFFER ETC.

any sugguestions on what i should do or get as in products and services?

BTW HOW DOES HAPPY FEET NAIL AND SPA BOUTIQUE SOUND?
You lost me at using all caps...and 'americanized'....offensive much? I prefer well-trained and polite first off....what country they have come from is really secondary. Do you demand that all your customers are 'americanized' as well?

Old 02-06-2014, 07:45 PM

poor choice of words....... not americanized but english spoken technicians who doesnt speak their language while you are getting serviced.

Last edited by bronson714; 02-06-2014 at 07:55 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 07:55 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I don't care what language they speak but I do think it is RUDE for anyone giving a service to speak to the other employees while they are giving that service.

I recently changed nail salons and that was one of the big reasons. I felt like the entire time I was there, there was nothing but chatter going on among the employees. Made me feel that I was "bothering" them by being there.

Vicki

Old 02-06-2014, 08:35 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I don't care what language they speak but I do think it is RUDE for anyone giving a service to speak to the other employees while they are giving that service.

I recently changed nail salons and that was one of the big reasons. I felt like the entire time I was there, there was nothing but chatter going on among the employees. Made me feel that I was "bothering" them by being there.

Vicki
Would you feel the same if they were speaking English? And did you even try to speak to them? I found that most nail techs were nicely surprized when I would talk to them. They were so used to being treated as invisible by their patrons.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:45 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Would you feel the same if they were speaking English? And did you even try to speak to them? I found that most nail techs were nicely surprized when I would talk to them. They were so used to being treated as invisible by their patrons.
Actually, I've been going to that salon for 4 years. The owner does my nails. She has gotten lazy. She answers the phone while doing my nails. Sometimes she just stops in the middle of a pedicure and goes to do someone's brows.

We used to talk but I've grown tired of her taking 2.5 hours to do a mani/pedi that usually takes 1.5 hours.

By the way, some of the ladies in there do speak English. So, your assumption is incorrect.

Another example, when I go to pay and the lady taking my money is talking to the nail tech beside her. I feel like it is rude to ignore the person in front of you. Mistakes are made when people don't pay attention to the task at hand. Especially when my credit card has to be swiped twice because no one was paying attention. It then becomes up to me to verify that I'm not charged twice.

It has nothing to do with the language...as I originally explained.

Funny that this has come up as I've had this conversation with many people lately. The noise level isn't relaxing.

I am in the process of looking for another nail salon for those reasons and a few others.

Perhaps I'll find a Spa that has less noise.

Vicki

Old 02-06-2014, 10:51 PM

I'm not sure this was a good topic for city data.... I was opened for suggestions on what I should do to a nail salon not to offend anyone. And for scarlet g I am a Asian nail tech that gets tired of my employees talking crap about their customers.... And Might I add ive been in dozens of nail shops that do practice poor customer service by speaking their language( my language)

Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,448,042 times
Isn't there already a nail salon there? It's right next to the Lowes.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 AM

Actually there was 2. 1 due to financial hardship and the other due to father getting sick

Old 02-07-2014, 06:37 AM

Just signed a contact stating only one salon can occupy that location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary