Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 AM

57 posts, read 69,987 times

Advertisements

Yes, we are selling a modest home, probably between $1.2 and 1.3M so even a significant size historic home should be very affordable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 08:05 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,031,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderHome View Post
Yes, we are selling a modest home, probably between $1.2 and 1.3M so even a significant size historic home should be very affordable.
You will be very pleased what leass than that sort of budget can get you in Cameron Village. As other have said, it's simply the best located historic neighborhood in Raleigh (and I dare say the Triangle). It's convenient and walkable to so much. I live in the adjacent Glenwood South neighborhood just to the east and Cameron Park would be top of my list if I were looking for a single family home.
The homes in Cameron Park that I see on a local real estate website range from 2700 sf to over 4600 sf and range from ~$600,000 to $1.25 million. If I had some deeper pockets, I'd look for a home on the lower end of that scale (or even lower) and renovate to my exacting specifications.
While there are certainly other beautiful historic home neighborhoods in Raleigh, none of them are as convenient to so much. In addition to what others have already pointed out, you can walk to the city's premier park: Pullen Park. You can also walk a few blocks east to Glenwood South and pick up the free circulator bus to all downtown districts. There's also a beautiful and recently built YMCA that will put most any health club to shame in terms of amenities and programs.
While this neighborhood is not going to give you the walkability of a place like San Francisco, it will severely curtail your dependency on your car and shorten many daily trips in your car. I think you'll be surprised and pleased.

Cameron Park Historic District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cameron Village :: 1900 Cameron St, Raleigh, NC. 27605 :: 919-821-1350
Pullen Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Get Around :: R-LINE :: Downtown Raleigh

Old 02-11-2014, 04:04 PM

6,793 posts, read 8,995,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfb View Post
Great suggestions above if you are looking to stay in the Raleigh area. I'll also throw out that Durham is convenient to RTP and has a large number of homes that might fit what you are looking for. Despite the bad press Durham occasionally gets, there are some great areas in Durham. Plus, it arguably has the best restaurants in the Triangle area, DPAC, etc.
I'd have to agree with this. I live in Brier Creek near the airport and spend more time in Durham than in other parts of Raleigh. Durham has a great performing arts center and lots of excellent restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary