Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times

Advertisements

Maybe I am remembering history wrong, but I thought some of the local 4WD clubs were the organization that helped coordinate with the hospitals. Maybe post in some active Triangle 4WD forums as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 11:33 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,614,907 times
My husband did that when we lived in the UK. We were in a little village on the top of a hill and when it snowed no one could come up or down. Maybe tried and got stuck. He used to do the local preschool run for all of the parents to get the kids home when they got stuck every winter.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:38 PM

258 posts, read 673,059 times
So called hospitals...

Thanks for my "help" but the "liability" caused them to CXl the help

wow....what has the world come to...

Old 02-12-2014, 02:55 PM

125 posts, read 195,798 times
Call the Red Cross and local hospitals. They will be able to set you up with the right persons who can help you organize this.

Thank you so much! It gives us essential personnel one less thing to worry about and ensures us that we can arrive to work and take care of our patients!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM

125 posts, read 195,798 times
Just saw your response.

Your best bet may be to post signs next time prior to the storm around the hospitals. Just ahead of time so people can keep the number in case they need it.

Also, try Craigslist again and state in your ad that you are looking for ESSENTIAL personnel trips only.

Some hospitals have an internal website, see if you can find anyone willing to post your contact information down for staff? Also have them note you are in no way affiliated with the hospital, thus releasing the hospital of liability.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:08 PM

621 posts, read 982,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRN View Post
Also have them note you are in no way affiliated with the hospital, thus releasing the hospital of liability.
Unfortunately, easier said than done. Even an act of kindness can leave an organization open to debilitating law suits. Tort reform is overdue.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:11 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
If people have family members in the ICU units it would be
really neat to offer them rides to the hospital and home..

Also stranded motorist..

Old 02-12-2014, 06:01 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68scout View Post
So called hospitals...

Thanks for my "help" but the "liability" caused them to CXl the help

wow....what has the world come to...
#### sad but true.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:09 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Meals on wheels?

Or offer nursing homes help getting their nurses and NA's to work.

Also, hotel workers, when weather like this hits, they are pretty slammed. Many staff don't get relief as coworkers can't make it in. Some have bellmen take the hotel van but that isn't always possible. Hotels hear hospitals and the airport especially need help getting staff in as they are very busy.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:12 PM

258 posts, read 673,059 times
just kinda saddening that a kind response to this storm is "thanks, but no thanks" due to "liabiliy"

just sad...really it is

I rescued my friends mom, then drove around with the wife and she took pics of the wrecks instead

shame I think that mine, and others, talents are wasted because of the sue happy state the world is in now

seriously just shakin my head now...can't even volunteer to help anymore...

sad state of affairs

had a blast driving anyway....was in 2wd the whole time

no to make dinner and watch the news and the "snowcastrophe"

shame again folks like me can't help where needed

dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary