Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2007, 09:39 AM

21 posts, read 107,776 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live/have any comments about the Southern Oaks new housing subdivision in Fuquay? We are moving to the Cary area and saw their information online and thought they looked like nice houses at a reasonable cost. Any comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 PM

16 posts, read 62,019 times
If you stop by there stop by the Village of Charleston also.
good luck

Old 12-04-2007, 08:46 PM

6 posts, read 22,270 times
There are many subdivisions and new homes in Fuquay Varina.
When I first moved to NC from LI, NY I moved to Apex. Was there for a few months and then moved to Fuquay Varina. LOVE IT !

Moderator cut: removed

Nick

Last edited by autumngal; 01-14-2008 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: no links to other forums please

Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 PM

347 posts, read 932,849 times
looked there too

it is butting up to the Perry/Jordan Community on the back side.
The savannah model is nice, they have three available right now.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,497 times
Default NO NO Southern oaks

BE SURE and look into Homelife builders (Southern Oaks builder) before you ever go look. My family is in the process of finding a new home and we were sucked into Southern Oaks due to the large houses for not alot of the money we were seeing elsewhere...THEN...we did our homework and found LOTS of info...of the bad kind...about that builder. We are thinking Elliott Landing (huge lots) or Village of Charleston (just beautiful, plain and simple) now...don't sacrifice quality for quantity. We are willing to get a smaller house over getting a bigger one that will have big problems...

Old 01-14-2008, 12:30 PM

579 posts, read 2,860,751 times
I'm sure every national production builder has their fair share of disgruntled customers. So do some research and decide if it's right for you or not. I have a friend that lives there and hasn't complained about it all but she did buy an inventory home, not a new build. Also, Royal Oaks builds in there now I think so you may want to check into them as well. Fuquay is growing fast and is very up and coming. You get a lot more bang for the buck out here... for the time being.

You may also want to check out Summerdale.

Good luck!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:36 PM

35 posts, read 130,445 times
I like Perry Jordan Builders. It looks like interest rates are coming down- so that works for you too! ;o)

Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,678,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccox View Post
BE SURE and look into Homelife builders (Southern Oaks builder) before you ever go look. My family is in the process of finding a new home and we were sucked into Southern Oaks due to the large houses for not alot of the money we were seeing elsewhere...THEN...we did our homework and found LOTS of info...of the bad kind...about that builder. We are thinking Elliott Landing (huge lots) or Village of Charleston (just beautiful, plain and simple) now...don't sacrifice quality for quantity. We are willing to get a smaller house over getting a bigger one that will have big problems...
A few months ago, I went with a friend who was house hunting. We went to Southern Oaks and Village of Charleston. What a huge difference! I'm not a builder, but even I could tell that Village of Charleston homes were much better quality. Not to knock Southern Oaks, but personally I would go with Village of Charleston. Beautiful homes! Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,989 times
Fuquay is a great place to live. I live in the outskirts of town. Convenient to Raleigh and Cary. So much shopping and restaurants right in town. All the builders there have something special to offer and they are all about equal for quality. Have warranties. Home prices are so much better there!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:59 PM

525 posts, read 1,296,405 times
I'm moving into Village of Charleston in Fuquay at the end of January. It's actually my mom's house, we're going to be renting it from her. It's really nice in there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary