Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:11 PM

114 posts, read 431,224 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a dermatologist recommendation in cary to treat adult acne and other cosmetic issues. I am not looking for a doctor who is more into other skin conditions like melanomas etc. I want someone who takes adult acne seriously. I saw someone in Raleigh a couple of years ago for acne and felt that she did not really take me that seriously....I was in and out within minutes and her advice /treatment did not work.

So if you have personal experience in getting acne treated , please recommend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 02:42 PM

185 posts, read 472,112 times
Dr Chiratescu (not sure of spelling)

Old 02-22-2014, 06:39 PM

114 posts, read 431,224 times
Thank you... I will google it up .

Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 AM

127 posts, read 215,349 times
I just saw Dr. Alspaugh at Blue Ridge Dermatology in Cary. I found her to be knowledgeable, competent and listened to my skin concerns. Depending on your condition and age, there are a number of treatment methods available to help with acne. Any good doctor should be advising you on them and taking your concerns seriously. Good luck.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:41 PM

2,863 posts, read 4,667,413 times
We've used Blue Ridge Derm in Cary as well and have been very pleased with them. In fact, the Dr I had actually asked if there was anything else besides my scheduled issue that she could look at while I was in her office. I was extremely impressed by that. Forgot her name but it may be the Dr referenced above.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:21 PM

230 posts, read 254,696 times
I have been battling that issue for many years now and have yet to find a prescription that works effectively. Very frustrating. Just for kicks, I wanted to try the Yes to Tomatoes cleanser. I absolutely love it! It didn't completely solve the issue, but has made a significant change w my skin. This is better than any expensive topical from my dermatologists.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:58 PM

186 posts, read 344,440 times
I've been going to the Dermatology Center of Raleigh for the past 5 years. I really like the doctors, but the office staff is another story. They're often rude and short on the phone and last time I was in the waiting room, I overheard them talking about other patients in a very inappropriate way, very mean-spirited. Plus, it's very hard to get an appointment.

No matter how much I like the doc, will likely look elsewhere for a dermatologist with a more professional front desk staff and who doesn't make me wait 4 months for an appointment.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:38 PM

22 posts, read 70,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetelf View Post
I've been going to the Dermatology Center of Raleigh for the past 5 years. I really like the doctors, but the office staff is another story. They're often rude and short on the phone and last time I was in the waiting room, I overheard them talking about other patients in a very inappropriate way, very mean-spirited. Plus, it's very hard to get an appointment.

No matter how much I like the doc, will likely look elsewhere for a dermatologist with a more professional front desk staff and who doesn't make me wait 4 months for an appointment.
I went here once and had a TERRIBLE experience with the dermatologist. She was rude and insulting, and also misdiagnosed me. Her treatment recommendations worsened my conditioned significantly. I would definitely avoid this place.

When I mentioned it to my GP, she said that I was the third person that week with a complaint about them and she would no longer be referring patients there.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:01 AM

186 posts, read 344,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatbugs View Post
I went here once and had a TERRIBLE experience with the dermatologist. She was rude and insulting, and also misdiagnosed me. Her treatment recommendations worsened my conditioned significantly. I would definitely avoid this place.

When I mentioned it to my GP, she said that I was the third person that week with a complaint about them and she would no longer be referring patients there.
The doctor at this practice has been extremely kind to me and was especially compassionate when I fell apart in her office just after my cancer diagnosis. She even sent me a 'care box' of goodies when I was in the hospital. I think she's taken good care of me, but that front desk staff really really turn me off from the practice. It's too bad. I should discuss it with her, really.

Old 03-02-2014, 06:07 PM

698 posts, read 957,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwhm View Post
I am looking for a dermatologist recommendation in cary to treat adult acne and other cosmetic issues. I am not looking for a doctor who is more into other skin conditions like melanomas etc. I want someone who takes adult acne seriously.
How about seeing an Esthetician?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary