Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 04:57 PM

26 posts, read 93,968 times

Advertisements

Okay, so we've ruled out Wake County. No offense intended. What we'd like to know now is, where should we be looking in Johnston County?

Any advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 05:38 PM

579 posts, read 2,863,681 times
I think the universal answer to this is Clayton! Clayton is a nice, small town that is growing. Can be rural or not. Not to far from Raleigh but far enough. GREAT housing prices, good schools in Johnston County from what I hear. Quaint historic downtown area is one of the nices in the triangle.

Good luck!

Old 12-02-2007, 06:12 PM

312 posts, read 1,905,066 times
I would have to say Clayton and Cleveland Springs. I'm living in Clayton and we are very happy with our decision to live here. The school is wonderful, housing price is reasonable, away from hustle-bustle cities, no city tax, and more. It takes me 20 minute drive to Garner where I work, so it's not really too bad at all.

Cleveland Springs is in Garner, but they're both located in Johnston and Wake County. Go for Cleveland Springs of Johnston County - they have good schools and housing. If you plan to commute to Raleigh, I think Cleveland Springs is an ideal place for you. You're not going to be too far from shopping centers and all of that stuff like Clayton. Clayton is more rural than Cleveland Springs.

Good luck

Old 12-04-2007, 07:36 PM

26 posts, read 93,968 times
Default Thanks for your input

cakeprincess, for us, rural is a good thing, so Clayton sounds like a winner.

Insofar as commutes are concerned, in the Detroit metropolitan area, everything is 20-30 minutes away. I currently drive 45 minutes to work each day.

We've checked out many of Clayton's communities & S/Ds. As it stands, we are really drawn to the all-inclusive aspect of Riverwood. Can anyone tell me what draws them to other S/Ds or areas of Clayton? We'd like to narrow it down for when we come for our look-see.

Thanks in advance for your input,

Brady

Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 PM

19 posts, read 59,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving From Michigan View Post
cakeprincess, for us, rural is a good thing, so Clayton sounds like a winner.

Insofar as commutes are concerned, in the Detroit metropolitan area, everything is 20-30 minutes away. I currently drive 45 minutes to work each day.

We've checked out many of Clayton's communities & S/Ds. As it stands, we are really drawn to the all-inclusive aspect of Riverwood. Can anyone tell me what draws them to other S/Ds or areas of Clayton? We'd like to narrow it down for when we come for our look-see.

Thanks in advance for your input,

Brady
My thought is ... is that they are all inclusive for a reason. That reason to me is b/c they are a bit far away.

If you are one of the indiviuals on here that like having shopping/grocery near you then you need to look at the communities located near or just off hwy 70 btwn Lowes Food and Food Lion. In the future they are going to be prime locations with easy access to both 70 and 70 bypass.

Just imagine the shopping that will be available w/i the next few years. Possibly a new Lowes Hardware behind Bojangles, a new shopping center btwn ABC and WalMart and a new medical area/park.

Location, Location, Location!

Old 12-04-2007, 08:36 PM

6 posts, read 22,287 times
Hi.......

Have you looked into Cleveland ?

I am a member of the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce. I think it is a terrific area.

GCCC Home Page

Hope this helps

Nick in Fuquay Varina

Old 12-04-2007, 09:19 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
I was told by an old friend in NC that they are putting (another) Super Wal-Mart on Hwy. 42 and that it can take >20 minutes to get from Cornwallis Rd. to I-40 on 42 (on which stretch Wallyworld is going to be).

One day I turned right off Hillington Rd. onto Cornwallis at about 6pm. I got to 42 at 6:20, give or take a minute or so. It was about 6:40 when I made it to where I was going, which was on East Justin Dr. ~5 mile trip that took over 30 minutes.

This was in October of last year. I gather a few more people have moved in since then.

Wherever you go, visit there before you make a decision and it might be a good idea to see how bad the rush hour traffic gets. I came from a bigger city thinking that getting around would be a piece of cake and that's not always the case.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 AM

279 posts, read 702,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickV View Post
Hi.......

Have you looked into Cleveland ?

I am a member of the Greater Cleveland Chamber of Commerce. I think it is a terrific area.

GCCC Home Page

Hope this helps

Nick in Fuquay Varina
This sounds interesting. Can you give more info? What types of rentals available?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:48 AM

5 posts, read 15,462 times
We moved from Northern Virginia to Four Oaks, NC (Johnston County) this past May. We live in the Four Oaks zip code but are closer to Smithfield than Four Oaks. We bought a house in Lakewood Estates off of Rt 210. Rt 210 is located off of exit 319 on I40 and exit 95 on 95. Getting to shopping does require a little driving but because of our proximity to the interstates we can get there pretty quickly. Food Lion is four miles away. Super WalMart (in Smithfield) is 11 miles away, Lowes Home Improvement is 10 miles in either direction, Best Buy is not about 15 miles away in Garner, the Carolina Premimum Outlets are 12 miles away. I personally think that Rt 210 is a great location to live near because of its proximity to the interstates. Check out McGee's Crossroads too. It is located between I40, Rt42 and Rt210.

Good Luck.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 6,001 times
Smile calvin ramsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving From Michigan View Post
Okay, so we've ruled out Wake County. No offense intended. What we'd like to know now is, where should we be looking in Johnston County?

Any advice?
I am a realestate agent that moved from Wake co. to Johnston co. 10 yrs. ago. Knowing the area, we wanted to be in Johnston co. schools. It also was one of the best investment areas in our market place. If you like the rural areas you will love Johnston co. This is one of the fastest growing areas in the country. My Wife and I have been working the Triangle area for 18 yrs. and are one of the Top Producers in our market place. We have built our reputation on knowing what is good,bad and indifferent in our market. We have helped a lot of people get settled here that eventually invested in our area. If you would like to visit our website at ramseyrealtors.com and find out about school ratings,taxes or any other area info feel free to do so. We are currently marketing homes all over Johnston Co. including Riverwood athletic Club.Our phone # is 919-571-3492. We'll be glad to give our personal opinion on any questions you have relating to rental or ownership in our area. May God Bless you in your transfer endeavors.................Wanda & Calvin Ramsey..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary