U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-02-2007, 05:34 PM

13 posts, read 52,142 times
Default where to buy artificial tree

Hello All:

Due to a child allergy condition, we have to go with an artificial Christmas tree this year (and many years to follow). So, we checked out Target, Michaels, etc. and didn't see anything we liked. Does anyone know of a good spot for really nice artificial trees anywhere in the Raleigh-Durham area?

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 05:36 PM

534 posts, read 1,047,168 times
I just bought a really beautiful one at the super target in Apex. $99 for a 7 footer. It was not prelighted, but I preferred it that way as I like to put my own flaire on. You can also check Lowes too. They seemed to have a decent selection

Old 12-02-2007, 05:36 PM

3,124 posts, read 8,796,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs25 View Post
Hello All:

Due to a child allergy condition, we have to go with an artificial Christmas tree this year (and many years to follow). So, we checked out Target, Michaels, etc. and didn't see anything we liked. Does anyone know of a good spot for really nice artificial trees anywhere in the Raleigh-Durham area?

Thanks!!!
We got ours three years ago at BJs...and they have a similar one now. It was prelit with white lights, but I always add more. (I would to any tree.)

I paid a fair price for what is a gorgeous tree that always gets raves.

Last edited by Desdemona123; 12-02-2007 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: I couldn't spell simple words

Old 12-02-2007, 06:18 PM

466 posts, read 1,037,182 times
I bought mine from Sears last year -- I love it. 7 foot, prelit, GE w/ "real looking" needles. I think I paid about $150.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,541,465 times
7.5 ft prelighted tree for $79...we got it at Home Depot. We looked around at a few places and Home Depot was by far the best with selection and prices. This tree does not look cheap either. It looks like it has real pines needles on it. Oh and it also has a remote control to turn the lights on and off. Try finding anything like this tree for under $150 some where like Target (won't happen). I love Target, but their fake trees are expensive. I'd check out Home Depot or Lowes if I were you.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:58 PM

3,124 posts, read 8,796,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
7.5 ft prelighted tree for $79...we got it at Home Depot. We looked around at a few places and Home Depot was by far the best with selection and prices. This tree does not look cheap either. It looks like it has real pines needles on it. Oh and it also has a remote control to turn the lights on and off. Try finding anything like this tree for under $150 some where like Target (won't happen). I love Target, but their fake trees are expensive. I'd check out Home Depot or Lowes if I were you.
You can turn any tree into one with a 'remote' with a simple outlet plug in.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:32 PM

4,892 posts, read 11,825,656 times
we bought ours about 3 years ago at a kmart--for $40! its 6 feet but nicely shaped and filled in.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:43 AM

718 posts, read 2,003,241 times
We just bought our tree from Treeclassics.com. It is 8 ft prelit with white lights and multi colored lights and a remote that lets you chose between the 2 or have all the lights on at once. The tree is VERY real looking and made extremely well. They are pricey. We paid 539.00. The tree was 599.00 but I had a coupon code from Southern Living Magazine.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:54 AM

4,597 posts, read 7,394,785 times
Default Holiday Shops Offer Nice Ones

Perhaps some of the posters here can direct you to specific holiday shops in the Raleigh/Durham area. We bought a beautiful 12 footer, and then a 9 footer, when we down-sized our home years back, at the Pottery Place on Hwy 17/Market Street in Wilmington. We got a fantastic deal on it -- $200, at the end of the season. If it looks like you will always be using an artificial one, and can make the initial investment, I'd get the best-looking one at the best price you can manage. Ours is at least five years old now, and because we re-box it, it still looks great. I looked at some of the artificial tress at Target this weekend, too, just for a smaller one, and they were disappointing -- too artificial-looking for me. Good luck in your search. (Sorry about the child's allergy.)

Old 12-03-2007, 07:55 AM

2,246 posts, read 5,783,476 times
I haven't been there this year, but if I were looking in this area I'd probably go over to Morgan Imports in Durham and see what they have. I've seen some very cute artificial trees there in the past.

Morgan Imports Trees (http://www.morganimports.homestead.com/products/trees_xmas/trees.html - broken link)

Last edited by J_Lurk; 12-03-2007 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Added link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary