Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 08:13 AM

596 posts, read 730,225 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I am new to the area, I live in Graham and I work in Durham/RTP (27709 zip code). Does anyone know of any reputable mechanics in either of these areas? Graham is very small, and I haven't had much luck finding anyone there. It is so hard to find a good mechanic who's trustworthy. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,194,078 times
People are loathe to reveal their sources! but here you go:
Wasp Automotive in RTP for Japanese cars (but not Nissans)

If you have an American or European model, give the Car Talk mechanic files a look for recommendations (at cartalk.com)

Good luck.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:57 AM

Thanks dcgrl. I just happen to drive a Nissan, so I guess I'm still looking. Just curious...why wouldn't people want to reveal their good mechanics? I would think they'd be happy to do so.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:45 PM

324 posts, read 1,285,658 times
My husband and I have been really happy with our mechanic. It is a precision tune on 54 and... ack I don't know the name of the crossroad right there. There are a bunch of auto repair places all on the same corner. Anyway he has gotten to know our cars and has always given reasonable advice.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:51 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,327 times
We take our cars to Massey Brothers at Hwys. 54 & 55. And also corporate vehicles we have regularly serviced there. They do excellent work and get it right the first time, which says alot!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:09 PM

96 posts, read 477,895 times
I'm interested in the same info as well. I have Nissans and Massey Brothers do not work on Nissans.

One place I have heard good things about is Choice Auto Repair, but that's near the state fairgrounds and I'm searching in the RTP area as well.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:21 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,873 times
My husband took his Honda to Wasp Automotive today and he can't stop singing their praises. They were very honest, did a good job plus they have the convenience of the free shuttle to and from the RTP. He is very, very happy with them.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 PM

Thanks everyone. Jdatlas...I read some good reviews online about Wasp Auto, but unfortunately as dcgirl mentioned, they don't work on Nissans. tpid...I'll keep you posted if I find someone in the RTP area.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:40 AM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,514 times
I would echo the following:

Wasp: Foreign
Massey Brothers: Domestic

Cheers!

Old 04-09-2014, 11:22 AM

107 posts, read 133,633 times
I don't know why people in this town guard their sources so closely. Lived here for about 3 years and am finally finding quality businesses that actually care about providing quality service. Here's my input:

WASP - fantastic!! These guys are legit. Quick turn around, fair pricing, provide you with transportation for the day, offer exceptional service and explain to you exactly what they're doing.

Massey Brothers - used them several times, will not take my car back there ever again. Do not manage their time, AT ALL. Frequently left them my car for the whole day just to find out they put the car on the jack 45 minutes before they close. Frequently over quoted labor. Waited for work to be done often. Frequently misdiagnosed issues or didn't inspect surrounding parts (ie. replaced brake booster and master without telling me front brake pads were almost spent). Frequently lied about misordering parts or leaving messages concerning updates to the invoice or testing their work. I can go on.

Speights - pretty solid local shop in my opinion. GREAT prices, they will only charge you exactly for how long they work on the car, no real "stock" estimates and pricing. They do tend to take a little longer though, and even though the work is usually good, you do get what you pay for.

Bragtown Auto Service (not RTP) - so far so good. REALLY loving this shop. A little on the pricey side, but again, you get what you pay for. Knowledgeable mechanics. Rock solid work. Quick turn around time. Amazing service. VERY THOROUGH!!

Mike's Transmission - yes it's a specialized service, but figured I'd throw them in there too. If you ever need transmission or axle repair, this is the shop. These guys are awesome. Again, amazing service. Pricing is up front and honest. Probably not the cheapest in town, but the price is well worth the quality of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary