Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 10:20 AM

2,904 posts, read 5,902,312 times

Advertisements

Go here to begin the process: Log In
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2014, 10:38 AM

108 posts, read 202,655 times
Thank you for the link! Earlier today I spent 20 minutes on Wake County's website looking for the link or form.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt_terp View Post
Thank you for the link! Earlier today I spent 20 minutes on Wake County's website looking for the link or form.
It's not your fault - the link wasn't active this morning for some reason. So you didn't really miss anything.

Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 PM

554 posts, read 1,150,221 times
Is there an advantage to applying early during the transfer request period, or are all requests considered "equally" once it closes?

Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 PM

I'm 51% certain that they are all equal.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:03 PM

525 posts, read 1,294,789 times
I am 100% sure they are all equal

Old 03-04-2014, 09:05 PM

105 posts, read 155,034 times
Thank you!
I had apply for one calendar option and two transfers. I have some questions. Does my aplication to the transfers can affect the calendar aplication? And do you know what's the chance to get in the calendar option? considering my child is on pre-k at that school.
Thank you so much .

Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM

6 posts, read 7,681 times
I have a question regarding school transfers. My child currently attends his base school for our rental house. We just bought a house that has a different base school. We'd like to transfer him for the start of next school year. A realtor told us that when the house closes he will need to attend the new school immediately. I would rather have him stay in his current class to finish the year (and we will provide transportation.) Does anyone have experience with this?

Old 03-05-2014, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitilla View Post
Thank you!
I had apply for one calendar option and two transfers. I have some questions. Does my aplication to the transfers can affect the calendar aplication? And do you know what's the chance to get in the calendar option? considering my child is on pre-k at that school.
Thank you so much .
I know that they process the calendar application first. If you get into your calendar option, then they completely ignore the fact that you applied for a transfer also. If you don't get into your calendar option, then they will consider your transfer application. As for your chances on getting into calendar, those are usually granted but definitely depends on the school. If your calendar option is very very crowded and chosen by tons of parents, you may not get in. If the school does NOT have enough open slots for everyone who requests it, they will grant seats according to the following selection criteria (looks like having a child in pre-k does help!)

http://www.wcpss.net/parents/student...orities%20.pdf

Old 03-05-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny6 View Post
I have a question regarding school transfers. My child currently attends his base school for our rental house. We just bought a house that has a different base school. We'd like to transfer him for the start of next school year. A realtor told us that when the house closes he will need to attend the new school immediately. I would rather have him stay in his current class to finish the year (and we will provide transportation.) Does anyone have experience with this?
He will not need to attend the new school immediately! The following link specifically states "Families with a change of address can remain at their current school if they provide their own transportation or can enroll in the base school for the family’s new address."

WCPSS: Student Assignment

In your case I'd call the office of student assignment just to find the easiest method to switch him for next year. More than likely, they will suggest that you participate in the early transfer period for NEXT year to go ahead and get him switched over. He will initially be a transfer student with no transportation, but as soon as you go in with your new address information they will switch him to being a base student. I am actually moving in May and am going through something very similar. I would call them though just to verify 100%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary