Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 08:54 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
what is the Seaboard ACE and Briggs Hardware? What about Burke Bros, a mere 1 miles down Hillsborough?
By home improvement store I meant big box...Lowes or Home Depot. Burke Bros is a great hardware store. I go there sometimes when I'm over that way. Never been to Seaboard Ace. Don't care for Briggs...no need to get into that Capital City like Mike mentioned is great for specialty stuff, not to forget Stock Building(old Carolina Builders) I love the big boys like Lowes and Home Depot. I like a place where I can crawl in amongst the 2x4's and try to find a straight one, where I can play hide and seek with my wife, where I can roam around for an hour looking for something they don't even have, where we can get all sorts of plants and garden supplies, where I can shoot the breeze with people I run into, where I can sit outside and watch people attempt to put big things in small cars, or a place to simply get lost among all the stuff for while. Sometimes those places are a little hard to get to depending on traffic or time of day. A Lowes or Home Depot would be nice around North Hills or just inside the Beltline. Hell, we have everything else

Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 AM

78 posts, read 108,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemw1978 View Post
I have a friend who finds successful small businesses all over the country and then starts them in other cities (launching small franchises, I guess). He's looking to do something in the Triangle and asked me what I thought we needed (or needed more of). I'm pretty stumped, I admit. What do you all think?
White Castle
A REAL Italian bakery with pastries (not just the typical cake & cup cake shops down here)
Traditional Chinese Medicine school (though with the big pharma & western medicine colleges don't see it easily happening)

Old 03-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
I am sure some want that....but look how many places like that have been started, and soon went under. It doesn't seem a viable business for the area.
Could be wrong location or wrong timing but I can attest to many newcomers that have asked about that often just to be disappointed with a big no. Many many more northeast transplants continue to arrive here.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:24 AM

Well when the medical marijuana laws change which will not be long we'll need some good weed shops. It's the wave if the future and NC is not going to be immune from it either. Can't wait. It will be like pre-1937 in the U.S. again when marijuana was legal. YAY!!!

Old 03-15-2014, 09:54 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny wald View Post
Well when the medical marijuana laws change which will not be long we'll need some good weed shops. It's the wave if the future and NC is not going to be immune from it either. Can't wait. It will be like pre-1937 in the U.S. again when marijuana was legal. YAY!!!
Bring it on. At age 63, the way I feel after a long day I could use a little legal hooch after supper time. Y'all do know that I attended the Love Valley Rock Festival in the July of '70 don't you

Old 03-15-2014, 11:07 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,180 times
Massage Parlor?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny wald View Post
Could be wrong location or wrong timing but I can attest to many newcomers that have asked about that often just to be disappointed with a big no. Many many more northeast transplants continue to arrive here.
Yes, they all talk about it....but why have none of them made it (in many different locations) if they are just that important?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Yes, they all talk about it....but why have none of them made it (in many different locations) if they are just that important?
Where in the post do you see the word "important"?

But to answer your question perhaps business is not their thing or came here due to a job relocation. Either way I don't have the answer you're expecting.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Bring it on. At age 63, the way I feel after a long day I could use a little legal hooch after supper time. Y'all do know that I attended the Love Valley Rock Festival in the July of '70 don't you
Yup many of us could use the recreational and / or medicinal benefits. Not to mention how food industry would boom as well as tax revenue. Colorado generated $3 million in taxes just January alone. Btw they had a pot job fair recently there that appears to have done well. It's the new tobacco-like agricultural future of this nation.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnOrange3 View Post
Having a place like https://katzsdelicatessen.com/ Sure would be cool..I'm already craving Pastrami on rye piled high!

Ugh! I just looked at the prices on their menus. Just wow.. It wasn't that much when I was a kid! Lol.
Make that two of us. Nothing like a great hot pastrami sandwich on rye. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary