Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,985,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
I'm surprised you didn't buy a house here. There are quite a few multigenerational families in the neighborhood. :-)
My parents don't live there anymore. We were an "IBM family" and moved away when I was in 4th grade. My parents moved back here after I had graduated from college, and they moved into Preston. I moved here about 10 years after they did. And to bring it full circle to the OP -- I rent a 4 bdrm townhouse in Preston Village (technically a 3 bedroom and a bonus room) and I love the it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2014, 06:28 AM

40 posts, read 42,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
My parents don't live there anymore. We were an "IBM family" and moved away when I was in 4th grade. My parents moved back here after I had graduated from college, and they moved into Preston. I moved here about 10 years after they did. And to bring it full circle to the OP -- I rent a 4 bdrm townhouse in Preston Village (technically a 3 bedroom and a bonus room) and I love the it.
Where is this Preston Village? I searched for it but I only came up with single family homes for sale. Do you rent through the development or through a private owner?

Thanks!

Old 03-08-2014, 01:14 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,985,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyDad View Post
Where is this Preston Village? I searched for it but I only came up with single family homes for sale. Do you rent through the development or through a private owner?

Thanks!
Preston Village is in Cary (27519 zip code). It is mainly a single family home neighborhood with a small section of townhomes that are all privately owned. The actual name of the townhouse section is "Lakeridge at Preston Village". The only way to rent one is to do it through the actual homeowner. There are rarely rentals available, as most of the townhomes are occupied by the owners. A lot of the owners are empty nesters who used to live in SFHs in Preston Village, wanted to downsize when their kids left, but wanted to stay in the neighborhood.

Look around Morrisville Parkway in Cary. Along with my neighborhood, there are also townhouses that are part of Carpenter Village and a couple of other townhouse developments. I believe the ones closer to Davis Drive tend to have more rentals available. Again, they are all privately owned townhouses, so you'd have to find owners who want to rent. I actually found mine on Craig's List, but that might be more difficult if you're not local.

Some other neighborhoods (with townhouse sections) that I'd suggest for someone with kids are Cary Park and Amberly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary