Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2007, 03:54 AM

279 posts, read 702,307 times

Advertisements

I found this on realtor, and I am confused as to why it is still available at such a lower rental cost. It seems to good to be true. The agent also said the amenities such as the pool, etc were included.
The development to me seems sort of "Truman Show" with its own schools, stores, restaurants, etc.
Can anyone give any insight before I make the commitment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 05:29 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetoutofmaine View Post
I found this on realtor, and I am confused as to why it is still available at such a lower rental cost. It seems to good to be true. The agent also said the amenities such as the pool, etc were included.
The development to me seems sort of "Truman Show" with its own schools, stores, restaurants, etc.
Can anyone give any insight before I make the commitment?
Riverwood in Clayton???
It's has its own "community". When you first drive into the community, you will see the elementary and middle school on the left. Go up a few more feet and you will see the athletic club which has an indoor & outdoor pool and a workout area. Keep going and you come across a few shops (cafe, tanning salon, photography studio, frame shop, post office, dry cleaners, etc). They also have a child development center (aka: daycare), another center that has a dance studio (my daughter takes a hip hop class there), gymnastics for younger kids, an art studio and something else. They are also planning on building their own church located right in the middle. They have a soccer field too, occasionally in the spring you will see classes. Behind all of this is the houses (townhomes, single family homes, huge houses, etc).

Its actually very nice. I was surprised to see alot of houses already for sale, plus new houses in the works of being built.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:58 AM

279 posts, read 702,307 times
It did seem very nice from the website, that is why I was surprised to see it was only $700 per month and has been available since mid November. It just seemed too good to be true.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:27 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Yeah, thats about the average going rate for rentals. I was surprised by that too. When I lived in Wake County (Raleigh) rentals were at least $1000. Crazy.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 AM

18 posts, read 56,404 times
we rent in riverwood and LOVE it the kids love it its a nice comunity!

Old 07-23-2008, 01:26 PM

615 posts, read 1,502,889 times
LOL--It is very "Truman Show"(we call it "Stepford"..same meaning).

And while it was not for us, it is very nice. I would recommend it to a friend/relative moving here...especially for the first year to meet people/have activities etc. And the school is known here for being one of the better schools(elem. and middle). We just are just more private/less community oriented than others...so it was not for us.

But I don't think you would be unhappy there. And it would give you a chance to decide if you want to live there(buy) or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary