Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:11 AM

4 posts, read 7,028 times

Advertisements

oh! I had no idea about the year round schools starting early July. Thank you for letting me know.
I think the rentals that I was looking at fell under the capped schools. Will dig more to find rentals in other school zones.

Is commuting from bedford going to be any longer compared to Heritage or wakefield?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 09:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbr View Post
oh! I had no idea about the year round schools starting early July. Thank you for letting me know.
I think the rentals that I was looking at fell under the capped schools. Will dig more to find rentals in other school zones.

Is commuting from bedford going to be any longer compared to Heritage or wakefield?
Barely. Nothing I'd worry over.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 AM

25 posts, read 49,416 times
If you are interested in getting closer to Henderson and don't mind being a little further out, there are some very nice neighborhods north of Wake Forest, even into southern Granville County. These may have a Wake Forest or Youngsville address since the zip codes are so large, but are in Granville. We live in Silverleaf and it is a great neighborhood - a good mix of young families, empty nesters, and retired people. Many work-from home folks also so there are many people home during the day. Houses range in age from 2003 to new construction, 1 acre + lots, and priced from the mid-300's and up.

Merriweather, Preserve at Smith Creek, and WoodCroft are others we looked at. We also looked at Stoneridge, but that is over the county line in Franklin County. These are all about 15 minutes from Wake Forest.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:59 AM

109 posts, read 477,711 times
Final Job interview in North Raleigh. In 2 weeks... I will be staying 4 days to check out the areas, Wake forest , north raleigh. Hoping to find 3/4 bedrooms for long term rent or rent with option to buy. 1200-1500 ideally. Could go more for rent w/ option. We lost all equity in our nj house and need to start over. 2 kids in elementary and middle school.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:27 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,364 times
Bedford to Henderson would be a long commute! Falls of the neuse is crowded and will take 20 min just to get from Bedford/north raleigh to US 1. I drove to Henderson once from Wake Forest. It felt far so no way would I live further than Wake Forest and commute to Henderson. I second Avondale townhomes for a rental. Heritage usually has townhomes for rent as well. North Raleigh might not seem far based on a map, but traffic will make it much farther. I would mark North Raleigh off my list for living.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:30 AM

342 posts, read 388,157 times
I agree that the distance between Heritage and Bedford is significant enough to consider, especially during peak hours. I live in Heritage and it can easily take me 15 minutes to get to Bedford. While I would highly recommend the Southern Granville area that was mentioned above if schools were not a priority, but with kids I would hesitate to recommend that area. I lived in Woodcroft for 10 years and drove my kids to a charter in Raleigh because I wasn't thrilled with the schools. The elementary was OK, but not the ms and hs. Also, I would not cross off Heritage simply because Jones Dairy is capped. There are many other sections of Heritage that go to different elementary schools. Plus the overflow school is Sanford Creek, which is not a bad school. The same is true of Wakefield with not all sections going to Forest Pines.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:01 AM

80 posts, read 192,447 times
I live in the Villages of Rolesville. From here, you would be going against the horrible rush hour traffic on 401 and Rte 1 from this area so your commute should be fine.

I was out walking yesterday and saw a house on Redford Place that had been up for sale is now for rent. Its in the section where most homes are probably 1500 - 2000 sf but its listed as being 2743 sf with 5 BR (probably a finished attic or basement). They would probably be open for an option to buy offer. Its on realtor.com in the for rent section.

The elementary schools for the neighborhood are Rolesville Elementary (traditional) and Sanford Creek (year-round) with families able to apply to Jones Dairy. I think that you would have to go to one of the first two this year and then apply to Jones Dairy in the late winter/spring for 2015. I have neighbors with elementary school aged children in all three as well as in a couple of charter schools in the area -- Franklin Academy and Wake Forest Charter Academy.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:28 AM

2,823 posts, read 4,493,664 times
You could possibly look into some areas west of Wake Forest around Falls Lake, even some neighborhoods closer to Creedmoor in southern Granville County. Creedmoor to Henderson on I-85 is about 30 minutes, and I don't think traffic on 85 between Durham and the Virginia border is as bad as I-40, 540, or some areas closer to RTP/North Raleigh. However, I've heard that schools around Creedmoor and Granville County in general aren't the best, so it might be wiser to stick with Wake County. I love the suburban areas of North Raleigh between 540 and highway 98, suburban neighborhoods that are nestled among pine-forested areas. Almost feels like suburban meeting rural, very pretty area! From most of these neighborhoods, you would drive up highway 50 (Creedmoor Road) to the town of Creedmoor where you would hop on I-85 to get up to Henderson. This drive would roughly take 45 minutes, and I would imagine I-85 would be faster than hopping on highway 1 (bit of a more country highway). Schools in Northern Wake County are fine and crime is quite low. May not be the most exciting area, but certainly suitable for a family and not terribly far from Henderson but close enough to Raleigh/Durham.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 4,571 times
I live in a small community in Franklinton but its actually right on the Wake Forest line. (Was initially in WF then changed because they didn't have extra mail carriers). The community is Stoneridge on Hwy 96. Pool community with 81 homesites. Its all built out with the exception of 4 lots. The lots are all approximately 1 acre. The community is close knit, 95% have pets and kids of all ages. It is a wonderful community. We love it! There are several folks here that work in Raleigh, Durham and several in Henderson or points north. My children went to Elementary in Youngsville and the schools are great. Now they go to Franklin Academy in Wake Forest. We are 10-15 minutes from downtown Wake Forest. Heritage is nice but if you want a little breathing space this is the place. A few houses on one side of the community backs up to 300 acres Stewardship Forest. This deed was just renewed with the state. This means the land can not be built on and must remain natural for 10yrs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary