Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:26 PM

5 posts, read 6,186 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I are moving my family of 5 to Clayton from Long Island NY this summer. Hubby is currently interviewing with HVAC companies and may have to move down before the end of the school year without the kids and I. We are looking to rent a home for the first year. We would like to rent a home in a family friendly subdivision possibly with a pool and gym (not mandatory). With 3 kids we would like to have a backyard amongst being close to doctors, pharmacy, ER, parks, daycare (for the little one), supermarket, restaurants and shopping. We are used to having everything less than 10 minutes away where we currently live but realize this may not be the case in Clayton. Suggestions on Subdivisions, Elementary and Middle schools would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 04:37 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
I know a family who lives in the subdivision right across the street from the East Clayton Elementary School. It seems to be a great school, and the neighborhood is really nice (and there are a few different subdivisions in that part of Clayton; don't know if they all go to that school or not).

Old 03-20-2014, 04:39 PM

Ok great. Do you know the name of the subdivision that they live in?

Old 03-20-2014, 06:03 PM

289 posts, read 489,585 times
That subdivision is a part of Flowers Plantation. Great schools, great location. You might also want to look at Riverwood. Again, great school, great location. Clayton is pretty small, and you can get across town in 10 minutes!

Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
I don't know the name. I looked on Google Maps and it wasn't marked. I don't think it's part of Flowers, it's on the other side of Rt. 42. Search for Bennett Place (one of the streets in the subdivision) in Clayton and that will show you where it is. It's literally right across the street from the school.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:35 PM

379 posts, read 749,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
I don't know the name. I looked on Google Maps and it wasn't marked. I don't think it's part of Flowers, it's on the other side of Rt. 42. Search for Bennett Place (one of the streets in the subdivision) in Clayton and that will show you where it is. It's literally right across the street from the school.
It's called Neuse Colony. At least part of it is gated.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:37 PM

That's great, thank you both! It looks like Bennett Place is the name of the subdivision??? Riverwood seems so diverse with smaller homes and. Property to large homes with nice lots, is that right? Is Plantation Pointe part of Flowers Plantation? Does this subdivision have a pool? Greatschools website does not seem accurate with the elementary and middle schools for either area, would you know the schools by chance? I would think Bennett Place would go to E.Clayton?? I am a preschool teacher and will look for a job once we are settled in, but would you know if Clayton has many opportunities for employment in a preschool/daycare? I appreciate any advice. Thank you again!!!!

Old 03-20-2014, 07:10 PM

Bennett Place, Neuse Colony and Plantation Point all go to East Clayton Elem. I think Neuse Colony was redistricted to go to Riverwood Middle, and Plantation Point goes to Archer Lodge Middle. Not sure about Bennett Place. I think Plantation Point is not technically part of Flowers Plantation, but it is in the same general area. Plantation Point has its own smaller community pool, and there are two other pools in the Flowers Plantation area, which you can join or not (regardless of whether you live here). One an outside pool by itself, and the other is the Flowers Plantation Club, which is up near Harris Teeter. There are many other subdivisions around here, some part of Flowers Plantation and some not.

Lots of preschools/daycares in the area.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 PM

Just googled Johnston County boundary maps, and it looks like Bennett Place attends Riverwood MS also.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 PM

Thank you so much Clayton Mom! I will try to google johnston county boundary maps also, I didn't know I could do that... You have been so helpful!!! Thank you again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: