Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:57 AM

747 posts, read 1,240,518 times

Advertisements

Be careful, my neighbors are in a big fued over something like this.

The neighbor that complained about the noise got charged with racial intimidation and ended up getting arrested.

My suggestion is to call it quits and move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,177 posts, read 76,826,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
Be careful, my neighbors are in a big fued over something like this.

The neighbor that complained about the noise got charged with racial intimidation and ended up getting arrested.

My suggestion is to call it quits and move.
OP is an owner.
Loud Person is a tenant.
OP is a stakeholder in the neighborhood.

Race never was mentioned and doesn't have to be a factor.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:11 AM

5,048 posts, read 9,586,810 times
So are you in a HOA? If so, what does the manager say?

Old 04-05-2014, 08:28 AM

10 posts, read 13,497 times
It's not a HOA.. We specifically made sure it wasn't prior to purchase to protect the future of an American flag hanging.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:31 AM

22,654 posts, read 36,662,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post

Something tells me there is more to the story than what is posted here.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Something tells me there is more to the story than what is posted here.
Lol.. I doubt it. My brothers buddy got charged with that for telling a guy off when he rammed his car during an illegal turn into traffic. No slurs were given, he wasn't even accused of slurs. But busted he was.. strange deal.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:56 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,239,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Be "that person."
Contact the owner/landlord/property manager and ask for a resolution.
Then, call the cops if it doesn't cease.

Be "that person." Or, learn to enjoy it.
This. You talked directly to the neighbor. Now it is time to talk to the landlord. No resolution and it continues? Call the police. Those are your options and that is the course that should be taken. Good luck!

Old 04-05-2014, 10:18 AM

19,399 posts, read 27,708,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Be "that person."
Contact the owner/landlord/property manager and ask for a resolution.
Then, call the cops if it doesn't cease.

Be "that person." Or, learn to enjoy it.
Agree. But contact the landlord in writing - email is fine - to show that you have contacted them. Phone conversations disappear in the wind. . .

And as far as the American flag comment, that's a threat that's WAY overblown. The HOA might have been helpful in this situation. At least the immediate neighbors are already on the same wavelength in that they've accepted the concept of an HOA.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Agree. But contact the landlord in writing - email is fine - to show that you have contacted them. Phone conversations disappear in the wind. . .

And as far as the American flag comment, that's a threat that's WAY overblown. The HOA might have been helpful in this situation. At least the immediate neighbors are already on the same wavelength in that they've accepted the concept of an HOA.
Overblown by whom? We had to fight to ours flying for 3 years.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:43 AM

19,399 posts, read 27,708,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper10 View Post
Overblown by whom? We had to fight to ours flying for 3 years.
The CC&R's would have detailed the specific limitations, which are nearly always related to the size of the flag. If you signed the docs, then didn't follow them, how is that the HOA's fault? If, in fact, the HOA disallowed any flying of the US Flag, the stars and stripes of ANY size , then shame on them, and thank you for fighting it. (note I'm not including University, Pro team, state or misc flags here. I have no problem with HOA's banning them from permanent placement. A weekend party is plenty.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary