Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 PM

637 posts, read 1,057,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Oh, I read all your hyper-defensive posts. I was just expressing my own views on the matter.
Hyper-defensive? Yes, I would like to defend myself against becoming desperate enough to be "open-minded" enough to lower my standards and date more people when I already have more options than I can keep up with.

Do you even realize that's what the article is about? These dating sites measure their success by how many people they can display as testimonials that their website resulted in a hookup success story. So, anything they can do to generate publicity for their site in cities that have rejected it, or resulted in less success stories for them, is a win for them. For both reasons, lack of open-mindedness is a problem for Zoosk and pretty much for no other dating site or mechanism.

So when you chimed in that you agreed with the TBJ reporter moron who was simply generating a hype article, I have to conclude that you didn't read very far or you just haven't been involved in dating in a REALLY long time.

Last edited by jmcstef; 04-15-2014 at 10:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 09:55 PM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcstef View Post
Hyper-defensive? Yes, I would like to defend myself against becoming desperate enough to be "open-minded" enough to lower my standards and date more people.

Do you even realize that's what the article is about? These dating sites measure their success by how many people they can display as testimonials that their website resulted in a hookup success story. So, anything they can do to generate publicity for their site in cities that have rejected it, or resulted in less success stories for them, is a win for them. For both reasons, lack of open-mindedness is a problem for Zoosk and pretty much for no other dating site or mechanism.

So when you chimed in that you agreed with the TBJ reporter moron who was simply generating a hype article, I have to conclude that you didn't read very far or you just haven't been involved in dating in a REALLY long time.
Like I said, the reporter's motives for writing it were irrelevant. I was sharing my views on the idea that Raleigh wasn't a great place for singles. Another poster, who unlike me has apparently been in the dating scene in this century seemed to confirm this as well.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,965,721 times
Funny that Zoosk puts Raleigh as 'not very open-minded' considering the site doesn't allow bisexual profiles. In 2014 that's pretty crazy.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
Like I said, the reporter's motives for writing it were irrelevant. I was sharing my views on the idea that Raleigh wasn't a great place for singles. Another poster, who unlike me has apparently been in the dating scene in this century seemed to confirm this as well.
Well you have a poster here who confirmed that the people that complain about dating in this area are the same that can't get it wherever they go. Then you have another few tens of thousands that are out dating instead of on the internet all night. Then you have some that are on the internet because they no longer need to leave the house to get it, but aren't complaining.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
Funny that Zoosk puts Raleigh as 'not very open-minded' considering the site doesn't allow bisexual profiles. In 2014 that's pretty crazy.
It was just a marketing stunt by them. San Antonio the dating capital? Please.... that should have been a major red flag right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary