Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 07:57 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
If you go to the big box stores, it will APPEAR that granite is less expensive. However, they charge for the edge plus the sink, etc. So...to compare apples to apples, make sure you get the total price before comparing with the granite companies.

I used THE POLISHED EDGE for my personal home and have referred many of my clients to them. Jason is the owner and goes out of his way to make sure you are happy. 919-794-0093 or 919-637-6800.

Vicki

Another vote for Jason! He did great work at our home. He took us to the granite warehouses to see all the different kinds and was very patient with us picking out what we wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 10:39 AM

171 posts, read 318,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Did you do a comparison before going with Mogastone? Do you find their prices a bit expensive by comparison?
We wanted a very specific (and rare) granite so we really honed in on Mogastone from the beginning but did do a bit of comparison shopping for labor and installation. I still believe that the labor/installation was a better deal with Mogastone because of the standard pricing and no upcharges for the specific choices you make (sink style, edging, etc.).

FWIW, we used Jason of The Polished Edge to install our kitchen backsplash and he was great to work with. We had already chosen and purchased our tile so we only paid for labor which was very reasonable and competitive with the competition.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:15 AM

68 posts, read 153,315 times
i tried to call The Polished Edge--but apparently they are out of business. Does anyone know if Jason has another store or working elsewhere? Also, we are doing granite, but also need some cabinets put in. Do most granite stores also do cabinetry--or does anyone have a referral for a company that does?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary