Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:31 AM

842 posts, read 2,588,016 times

Advertisements

Ready to install Granite in my Kitchen and need to know what to look for prior to making that purchase and where would give me the best bang for the buck for a quality product. I am not sure about the big box stores and their options which may be limited as oppose to getting it through a company that specialize in the product. I am doing some research online since I have no clue what to look out for when buying granite, so shoot away with your experience and what you did.

Need some feedback from those of you that have been down this road before or are embarking on this type of project as well. Someone recommended a company called Mogastone in Cary. Needless to say that they are very expensive, but have a wide variety of stones of different grades. I am opened to all suggestions and/or advice. I would like to deal with a company in the triangle that has good quality merchandise, good craftsmanship, and reasonable pricing. However, if it comes down to pricing vs. quality craftsmanship and superb installation, I will have to go with the latter. Thx

Last edited by RedZin; 04-27-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 09:29 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
If you go to the big box stores, it will APPEAR that granite is less expensive. However, they charge for the edge plus the sink, etc. So...to compare apples to apples, make sure you get the total price before comparing with the granite companies.

I used THE POLISHED EDGE for my personal home and have referred many of my clients to them. Jason is the owner and goes out of his way to make sure you are happy. 919-794-0093 or 919-637-6800.

Vicki

Old 04-27-2014, 10:21 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
We updated our bathrooms with granite prior to selling our home last June. We got a few prices and our realtor recommended City Rock by Vostone in Brier Creek. They had a great selection at very reasonable prices. The installation went smoothly and the finished countertops looked great!! I highly recommend them.

kitchen granite countertops, CityRock by VoStone Inc. Raleigh, NC Intro Page

Old 04-27-2014, 01:47 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,753 times
We were recommended to The Countertop Factory in Raleigh and were completely satisfied. They installed granite in our kitchen and 2 bathrooms. We would definitely use them again.

The Countertop Factory | Countertop Company, Countertop Installation, Raleigh, NC, Durham, NC

Old 04-27-2014, 05:37 PM

How much research regarding the know hows of buying granite did you guys do before settling on a company? Were these companies referrals or not? I just found something on the subject matter that I found pretty interesting and will be using it to decide from whom I will ultimately purchase. Buying granite countertops: What you need to know

Last edited by Jamerican; 04-27-2014 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: Spelling Error

Old 04-28-2014, 10:11 AM

86 posts, read 146,943 times
We're having granite installed next week from Stone City in Raleigh - they were a referral, and so far it has been a painless experience - got our samples, picked a slab, and they came out to do final measurements.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 PM

2,905 posts, read 5,922,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
We updated our bathrooms with granite prior to selling our home last June. We got a few prices and our realtor recommended City Rock by Vostone in Brier Creek. They had a great selection at very reasonable prices. The installation went smoothly and the finished countertops looked great!! I highly recommend them.

kitchen granite countertops, CityRock by VoStone Inc. Raleigh, NC Intro Page
We also used VoStone for a kitchenette and bathroom and their pricing, service, quality, selection, and workmanship was top notch.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 PM

171 posts, read 319,000 times
We used Mogastone and they were fantastic. They are a small family-owned company and we found them to actually be better priced than the big box stores once you factor in the cost of the sink(s), edging, labor/installation, etc. They price it all together rather than nickel and diming you for everything individually. We used them for our kitchen, master bath, and an additional guest bath and couldn't be more pleased.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justusandthekids View Post
We used Mogastone and they were fantastic. They are a small family-owned company and we found them to actually be better priced than the big box stores once you factor in the cost of the sink(s), edging, labor/installation, etc. They price it all together rather than nickel and diming you for everything individually. We used them for our kitchen, master bath, and an additional guest bath and couldn't be more pleased.
Did you do a comparison before going with Mogastone? Do you find their prices a bit expensive by comparison?

Old 04-29-2014, 08:01 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Price also depends on the granite that you choose.

Some granite is more expensive than others. It is amazing when you go to pick out your slab that there are so many choices.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary