Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 10:05 PM

4 posts, read 9,399 times

Advertisements

I am going to be moving to the Raleigh area next month and was looking into some apartments. I am trying to decide between apartments in the Brier Creek area (which will be near to my place of work) in Raleigh, West Cary (where there is a lot more new development for new houses) area and Morrisville area. I was wondering if someone who was living in the area could comment about some general pros/cons regarding these general areas.

Any data/help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 08:18 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
Tell us a little about yourself, please. Do you have family? Your age range? What do you like to do in your free time? What are the most important things to have that make you feel 'at home' in your community?

PS - Welcome to The Triangle!

Old 05-17-2014, 09:06 AM

621 posts, read 982,312 times
Guessing by your handle, I suggest you consider Morrisville/ Cary. You have ethnic restaurants, grocery stores, temples, etc. in that area. If you have kids headed to a public school, pay attention to address zoning and school caps. One area to consider would be apartments close to Davis Drive, between High House and McCrimmon Pkwy.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Tell us a little about yourself, please. Do you have family? Your age range? What do you like to do in your free time? What are the most important things to have that make you feel 'at home' in your community?

PS - Welcome to The Triangle!
Thanks for the good wishes.

Let me provide a few more details to establish some context. Yes I do have a family and 2 kids in the 5-10 age range. I am from an Asian/Indian origin and if there were activities related to my place of origin (in terms of festival celebration, places of worship etc) nearby it would be nice. I like to go out for walks, read and exercise or play tennis in my spare time.

Last edited by desinilesh; 05-17-2014 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by local2rtp View Post
Guessing by your handle, I suggest you consider Morrisville/ Cary. You have ethnic restaurants, grocery stores, temples, etc. in that area. If you have kids headed to a public school, pay attention to address zoning and school caps. One area to consider would be apartments close to Davis Drive, between High House and McCrimmon Pkwy.
Any input on the following apartments which seem to be in the general Morrisville/Cary area will be appreciated:

1. Chancery Village at the Park
2. The Reserve at Cary Park (also perhaps called Courtney reserve earlier?)
3. Bexley at Carpenter Village
4. Bexley at Preston
5. Bexley at Triangle Park

Old 05-17-2014, 03:11 PM

19,437 posts, read 27,832,770 times
I'm not going to be much help for apartments or school systems. But knowing some additional details, my suggestions would be Brier Creek, Morrisville, Cary. With kids, there might be a preference to Cary or Brier Creek. Though I think ANY one of those three would be a good fit for a rental to give you time to look around the area carefully.

You and your family will feel very comfortable in those areas and find it easy to locate choices for places of worship, festivals related to your ethnicity (and others that you should enjoy) and shopping for your preferred cuisine. There are several outstanding Indian/Asian specialty markets in Cary, especially Patel Brothers. There are probably bulletin boards inside that can also guide you to groups that will make you feel welcome.

You'll also find TONS of Indian restaurants in all those places, along with other Asian-oriented ethnicities.

BTW, when looking at the ratings of apartments online, take it with a grain of salt. A big boulder of salt, in fact.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 AM

40 posts, read 43,393 times
I stay over in the Crossings at Alexander Place in Brier Creek. Overall I find it to be a nice place to live. It has a pool, racquetball court, basketball court, and a fairly nice gym. They also have units with garages if that is important to you. There is Walmart which is within walking distance and a Target, movie theater, and restaurants on both sides of 70. I like the fact that it is pretty easy to get on 540 and 70 without having to deal with a lot of traffic. Good luck in your search!

Old 05-19-2014, 08:02 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desinilesh View Post
Any input on the following apartments which seem to be in the general Morrisville/Cary area will be appreciated:

1. Chancery Village at the Park
2. The Reserve at Cary Park (also perhaps called Courtney reserve earlier?)
3. Bexley at Carpenter Village
4. Bexley at Preston
5. Bexley at Triangle Park
Your kids will be in school, is that a factor in your apartment selection.

The bexleys are similar but pricing does vary from one to the other. We looked at all three you have mentioned. They were spacious and clean, it really may come down to availability of an apartment when you need it. That is really what drove our decision - along with cost.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
Your kids will be in school, is that a factor in your apartment selection.

The bexleys are similar but pricing does vary from one to the other. We looked at all three you have mentioned. They were spacious and clean, it really may come down to availability of an apartment when you need it. That is really what drove our decision - along with cost.
School is a factor although based on the actual schools that would be associated with each apartment community, I saw that most had a great school rating (9.0 or 10.0). So, considering that data point, school becomes a smaller factor.

You are right in that it may come down to availability.

It is good to hear your input that the Bexleys were actually similar. Rent wise the Bexleys at the moment are still quite similar (difference of less than $50 a month for similar sized apartments).

I only see a price difference between The Reserve at Cary Park (Courtney Reserve) and the Bexleys, which could be between $50 a month and upto around $100 a month, depending on a specific unit and the availability for my time frame. I know that the floorplan that I am looking at is slightly smaller at the Reserve at Cary Park although it is not by much and I don't know if that alone can be a reason for the $100 a month rent difference. By any chance, did you visit the Reserve at Cary Park also? Any input on that community?

Old 05-19-2014, 10:36 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,340,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desinilesh View Post
School is a factor although based on the actual schools that would be associated with each apartment community, I saw that most had a great school rating (9.0 or 10.0). So, considering that data point, school becomes a smaller factor.

You are right in that it may come down to availability.

It is good to hear your input that the Bexleys were actually similar. Rent wise the Bexleys at the moment are still quite similar (difference of less than $50 a month for similar sized apartments).

I only see a price difference between The Reserve at Cary Park (Courtney Reserve) and the Bexleys, which could be between $50 a month and upto around $100 a month, depending on a specific unit and the availability for my time frame. I know that the floorplan that I am looking at is slightly smaller at the Reserve at Cary Park although it is not by much and I don't know if that alone can be a reason for the $100 a month rent difference. By any chance, did you visit the Reserve at Cary Park also? Any input on that community?

No, we did not visit the Reserve at Cary Park. We ended up in Morrisville at Carrington Park, we wanted a short lease and were able to get a 4 month lease on 3 bedroom apt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary