Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:07 AM

269 posts, read 321,557 times

Advertisements

We are planning to purchase tix to DPAC soon and just wondering if there is any preferred seating location at the theater? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 09:32 AM

464 posts, read 1,043,505 times
We have been there many times and honestly there is not a bad seat in the house. I WOULD avoid the upper level on the direct sides of the stage as it would seem that you would be sitting weird to see the stage completely.

Pick whichever level meets your budget and then use the interactive map to pick your seats.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:45 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,591 times
I've had season tickets since it opened and yes, in theory, there are no really bad seats. However, if you're short, you may have trouble seeing if you're in either of the side sections (2 or 3) and lower down in the orchestra around rows F-K (before the incline really starts). The reason is that the seats are staggered, as they should be if you were looking straight forward. However, you are not looking straight forward, so you wind up having to lean back and forth to look between the heads in front of you. This has happened to me twice (once on each side) when I was sitting in seats other than my usual ones.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:00 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I prefer sitting dead center, on the floor, once the incline begins!

Vicki

Old 05-23-2014, 05:04 PM

120 posts, read 251,199 times
We've also had season tickets since it opened, and the only seats I was not crazy about were in the upper balcony. I just felt I was a little too far away and felt detached from the show. Really, center section anywhere and most of the sides of the orchestra are great. I do tend to avoid being under the overhang of either balcony, just for acoustic reasons.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:07 PM

269 posts, read 321,557 times
Thanks for the tips!

One more question - is there any benefit to phone ordering from the box office vs. ordering online? It looks like I could avoid the ridiculous "convenience" charges if I visited the box office, but not sure I'll have a chance to do that. Are the available seating choices the same regardless of which route I go?

Old 05-23-2014, 07:55 PM

69 posts, read 173,314 times
I would agree that the upper balcony feels detached from the performance. Unfortunately, those are the only affordable seats if you're on a budget.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:36 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,237,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Coffee View Post
Thanks for the tips!

One more question - is there any benefit to phone ordering from the box office vs. ordering online? It looks like I could avoid the ridiculous "convenience" charges if I visited the box office, but not sure I'll have a chance to do that. Are the available seating choices the same regardless of which route I go?
Unless some scammer has purchased a block of tickets for resale the same seats are available for purchase online and in person at box office.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:39 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,984,591 times
Yes, the same seats should be available. Benefit of going to the box office is avoiding the convenience fee, and also being able to look at the seating chart with the person helping you (and having a little more control over where you sit).

Old 05-24-2014, 01:02 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Avoid the upper balcony and don't believe anyone who tells you that "all the seats are great". That's hogwash. If you must sit in the upper balcony, try to get as close to the rail and center as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary