Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:04 AM

204 posts, read 263,487 times

Advertisements

Are folk in the triangle that bored? Just looking through the number of posts and responses across all states considering their population it gives a sense that the triangle may not be as entertaining. It leads you to believe that people don't have much to do but frequent boards. This is not intended as an attack but I'm sure there will be those that for whatever reason will get offended and perhaps those may be the ones who are bored. I understand there are many posts which folk request information be it what to do or relocation info but with the sheer volume of responses one can only help but wonder.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,674,452 times
The number of people posting on this board leaves me to believe that there are not enough Ernest Borgnine movies running daily.

I guess it's all in how you perceive things....

Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,815,689 times
I've lived in quite a few places, and from my perspective, the triangle is NOT anywhere NEAR as boring as other places MIGHT be. But, that's just me. Some people move from "the city that never sleeps". Well, the triangle sleeps. I've never been bored anywhere.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrv View Post
Are folk in the triangle that bored? Just looking through the number of posts and responses across all states considering their population it gives a sense that the triangle may not be as entertaining. It leads you to believe that people don't have much to do but frequent boards. This is not intended as an attack but I'm sure there will be those that for whatever reason will get offended and perhaps those may be the ones who are bored. I understand there are many posts which folk request information be it what to do or relocation info but with the sheer volume of responses one can only help but wonder.
You tell us, Andy.

Are you bored? Is that why you post here?

Last I checked, the NYC board is pretty much hopping. So... are they all bored?

Ditto the boards for most of the major cities in the US.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:19 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,926,216 times
You're judging what the area is like based on posts by a few people on a relocation forum??

Old 05-27-2014, 11:44 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
The number of people posting on this board leaves me to believe that there are not enough Ernest Borgnine movies running daily.

I guess it's all in how you perceive things....
No, no, no. It's because there aren't enough NY-style delis and pizzerias or enough 24-hr Greek diners.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:46 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,804,420 times
I noticed the frequent and active posting when I was researching our move here. The same thing occurred on other boards as well (NW Arkansas was terrifically helpful when I was considering that area). Where I came from (Phoenix) is always busy, and I still go over there and post sometimes.

I've come to learn that it has nothing to do with being bored. IMHO, it has to do with the locals being friendly, helpful, and proud of their community/city. The fact that so many of us are transplants also means that we 'know how it feels to be a newbie'. So many of us have recently been through it, so we can easily empathize (the same is true in Phoenix, btw).

PS - I could name cities and boards that I researched that were not busy, not friendly and certainly not welcoming. Truthfully, that affected my feelings about those areas negatively.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:52 AM

204 posts, read 263,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
No, no, no. It's because there aren't enough NY-style delis and pizzerias or enough 24-hr Greek diners.

As opposed to...??

Old 05-27-2014, 11:52 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,095,387 times
As I tell my kids, places, people and things aren't boring. Boredom is the result of lack of creativity. It's a choice one makes. You can be just as bored in NYC as you can here if that's what you choose.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:58 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,426,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrv View Post
As opposed to...??
Well clearly if there were more NYC-style delis and pizzerias and 24-hour Greek diners we'd all be there rather than posting on these forums. And if you don't get those references, clearly you haven't spent much time around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary