Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 10:31 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,613,528 times

Advertisements

Hi guys (gals) looking for something fun for a present to give my husband from me and my son.
They are both very active and like to play golf and be outside. Any ideas would be appreciated!
Any divers out there? Can you recommend any places not too far away to go diving?
Tx

Last edited by shanti1; 05-28-2014 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 10:39 AM

25,118 posts, read 16,193,021 times
there happens to be the US Open, held on Father's Day, in Pinehurst this year. Last I saw, tickets were available for all days but Saturday.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
there happens to be the US Open, held on Father's Day, in Pinehurst this year. Last I saw, tickets were available for all days but Saturday.
Yes I know. I was going to look in to it. He has said he was going to take our son. I don't know if he got tix yet or not. Tx

Old 05-28-2014, 10:59 AM

580 posts, read 711,491 times
What course is his favorite? Years ago, I called one of the courses in Pinehurst and had a gift card sent to me for a round of golf.

Old 05-28-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
What course is his favorite? Years ago, I called one of the courses in Pinehurst and had a gift card sent to me for a round of golf.
I dont know which one is his favourite. He is from the UK (where he played a lot growing up) and we moved to FL almost 3 years ago. He played a few golf courses down there. I know there is one he is dying to play that is in SC? He hasnt had a chance to play in many around here yet. I think he has a "business" meeting at a golf course next week.

My son has been playing golf with real clubs since he was 2 so they go to the driving range a lot. There was a golf course a half a mile from us in FL that had a 9 hole executive course the two of them would play on most Sundays. He hasnt found anything like that here. He could take our 4 yr old son to play 9 holes with a cart for $8 total cost.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:10 PM

580 posts, read 711,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
I dont know which one is his favourite. He is from the UK (where he played a lot growing up) and we moved to FL almost 3 years ago. He played a few golf courses down there. I know there is one he is dying to play that is in SC? He hasnt had a chance to play in many around here yet. I think he has a "business" meeting at a golf course next week.

My son has been playing golf with real clubs since he was 2 so they go to the driving range a lot. There was a golf course a half a mile from us in FL that had a 9 hole executive course the two of them would play on most Sundays. He hasnt found anything like that here. He could take our 4 yr old son to play 9 holes with a cart for $8 total cost.
For something like that, you can check out Knight's Play in Cary.

Old 05-28-2014, 12:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,926,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanti1 View Post
I know there is one he is dying to play that is in SC?
Likely Kiawah - a bit south of Charleston (or about a 5-6 hour drive depending on where in the Triangle you are starting from).

Kiawah Island Golf Resort: Kiawah Island, near Charleston South Carolina

Old 05-28-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Likely Kiawah - a bit south of Charleston (or about a 5-6 hour drive depending on where in the Triangle you are starting from).

Kiawah Island Golf Resort: Kiawah Island, near Charleston South Carolina
Thats the one I think. He said he would love to play there someday. Maybe when my son is older and we have more $. LOL

Old 05-28-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCANC View Post
For something like that, you can check out Knight's Play in Cary.
Thanks. I will check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary