Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:06 AM

269 posts, read 320,237 times

Advertisements

Not really a farmers market, but there is a farm stand set up on Creedmoor just south of Strickland. They carry a pretty good variety.

There is also a peach stand set up all summer at Creedmoor and Norwood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 08:34 AM

553 posts, read 1,269,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Guy View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm definitely going to check these places out.

We'll be moving just north of Raleigh, between the outer belt and Falls Lake/NC-98.

There is a small farmer's market in Wake Forest.

Wake Forest Farmers' Market

Old 06-21-2014, 02:23 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,609,201 times
Has anyone here tried Relay foods? I saw the ads for it on facebook. Looks like you can order local stuff and pick it up or have it delivered.

Old 06-21-2014, 06:18 PM

1,357 posts, read 4,018,704 times
I've heard the farmer's market in Clayton is all produce that is grown with organic practices but from farmers who couldn't/don't want to go through the rigorous certification to use the term 'organic'. Anyone know about that?

Old 06-22-2014, 05:39 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,294,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky Prof View Post
There is a small farmer's market in Wake Forest.

Wake Forest Farmers' Market
I go to this market almost every week. Many of the vendors (if not all) use organic practices, or at the very least, don't spray. It's very expensive to go through the process to become certified organic, so they usually can't afford it - and therefore, can't promote themselves as being organic.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:04 AM

2,924 posts, read 3,326,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sowk09 View Post
I've heard the farmer's market in Clayton is all produce that is grown with organic practices but from farmers who couldn't/don't want to go through the rigorous certification to use the term 'organic'. Anyone know about that?
You will find at many of the local farmers markets that there are vendors who are not certified organic but state they are not using any synthetic chemicals and using sustainable practices. I have read that the process of obtaining certification to use the term organic is very costly and some farms decide to carry on the practices but not become certified.

I find that most of the farms selling at the market have web-sites that detail their growing practices if you have an questions. Here is one that I buy from.

Fickle Creek Farm About Us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary