Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 07:50 PM

7 posts, read 6,435 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

Been scouring these boards for hours reading all the great info that's out there! What a great resource. Looking at a potential move this summer (wish I could move things along..LOL - time's a tickin'). Think we've narrowed our focus down to Chapel Hill, primarily for school reasons. We had a real quick trip recently just to take a look if we even wanted to pursue this opportunity and found most of the neighborhoods we seemed drawn to were for CHHS. As you know, moving is tough and there's a lot of coordination. Mainly - selling our current home should this all work out.

More than likely, we will need to rent short-term (hopefully not more than 6 months) until our house sells. Based on the schools - I think we narrowed it down to Autumn Woods on Old Fayetville Road and Chapel Watch Village. We did not get to visit either of these and was wondering if anyone has any input on these properties. We need a 3 bedroom and one zoned for CHHS. Unfortunately, I have read some pretty harsh reviews on Autumn Woods and it has concerned me. Is this place located in a bad area? They also seem to advertise heavily online so not sure that's a good thing. It seems very nice on the website.

There's been a few places we've seen also but they are zoned for Jordan HS. How is Jordan HS and Githens MS? I know these are Durham schools. Still researching and learning --
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 08:47 PM

285 posts, read 493,150 times
I'm not familiar with either apartment complex, but looking on the map, I would say that Chapel Watch Village is a more convenient location. It's closer to Chapel Hill High, and it has easy access to I-40.

You also asked about Jordan HS and Githens MS. Jordan has a fairly good reputation, although I've heard parents complain about problems caused by teacher turnover there. Reviews of Githens are more mixed.

Good luck with your move. I know that it's hard to make all of these decisions at a distance.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:30 AM

8 posts, read 16,274 times
Sunnydaze19 - Where are you moving from? I am also thinking about moving to the area within the year. I have a child going into 3rd grade. We are moving from LI NY.

Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,938,023 times
Chapel Watch is a very new townhome community off Eubanks Road. I've walked through it a few times and it seems like a nice neighborhood. It hasn't been too long since construction wrapped up, and I think some units are still empty.

They have a nice pool and clubhouse, a small playground and a dog park. They have a small walking trail that connects up with the Larkspur neighborhood (which is off Weaver Dairy).

It is conveniently located across Eubanks Road from a Chapel Hill Transit park and ride lot.

Eubanks Road itself is a commercial road - not terribly attractive. The county landfill (now closed) is off that road - a major solid waste convenience center is there.

Know also that there is consideration of retail development on the wedge of property between I-40 and Eubanks at MLK Blvd.

Old 06-26-2014, 03:58 PM

7 posts, read 6,435 times
Thank you all for your great info! Great info CHTransplant - thanks! Ideally, we would love to rent in the Lake Hogan farms neighborhood - but the available rentals are only for one year. We really don't want to get stuck with a year lease because we want to buy once our house sells.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary