Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 05:58 AM

842 posts, read 2,587,046 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of a Trim Carpenter that does good Crown Molding work? I also need some trim work done on a few Arch entrances in my house etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 06:38 AM

Seriously? No one knows of anyone that does Crown Molding? Ouch.

Old 07-04-2014, 07:54 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,586,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Seriously? No one knows of anyone that does Crown Molding? Ouch.
Consider my neighbor John Talbot for this job.
I've never had occasion to hire him so this is offered as a point of information but not a personal recommendation.
JS Banister Construction Solutions - Home

Old 07-11-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Does anyone know of a Trim Carpenter that does good Crown Molding work? I also need some trim work done on a few Arch entrances in my house etc.
Israel Zumbrano, 919-869-4552. He did good work for me in the past year, so this is a personal recommendation. Friendly, competent, reasonable.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:24 AM

757 posts, read 2,082,197 times
House Medic out of Cary. Mike I think is his name. Carpenter and can fix anything too for great prices.

Old 07-12-2014, 09:13 AM

258 posts, read 672,774 times
PM me...My neighbor is a Trim Carpenter...it is ALL he does...

I actually have gone on jobs and helped him when he was a man short...but I am pretty much worthless with wood (boat mechanic here)

We are actually going to his wedding TODAY in Boone....

like I said, Trim is all he does...his father was a master cabinet maker

cheer

dave

Old 12-07-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbmartin View Post
Israel Zumbrano, 919-869-4552. He did good work for me in the past year, so this is a personal recommendation. Friendly, competent, reasonable.

Daniel, may I ask what type of work did he do for you and could DM me a photo if at all possible? Really need a Trim Carpenter now and am looking just about everywhere. Thanks

Old 12-07-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68scout View Post
PM me...My neighbor is a Trim Carpenter...it is ALL he does...

I actually have gone on jobs and helped him when he was a man short...but I am pretty much worthless with wood (boat mechanic here)

We are actually going to his wedding TODAY in Boone....

like I said, Trim is all he does...his father was a master cabinet maker

cheer

dave
I sent you a DM but waiting to hear back from you. Thanks

Old 12-07-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Daniel, may I ask what type of work did he do for you and could DM me a photo if at all possible? Really need a Trim Carpenter now and am looking just about everywhere. Thanks
My roof was replaced last year. Should have done it sooner because there was wood rot concealed beneath seemingly good shingles. Israel replaced damaged rafter tips, fascia, and soffits. The new roof (thank you, Baker Roofing) uses a ridge vent, and that change necessitated removing the existing gable vents and replacing them with solid exterior siding. A ridge vent requires more soffit vents than the gable vent and Israel installed them too. He charged by the hour and I paid much less than might have been expected.

These jobs were not trim work per se but I trust Israel to do anything with wood. His brother is a painter and they can team up for jobs which need both trades.

Old 12-08-2014, 09:23 AM

230 posts, read 255,413 times
We had Chris with Consolidated Home Repair in Raleigh for our latest job and will have him back to do our next job in the spring/summer. He did our exterior trim, but I'm pretty sure he does interior too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary