Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 AM

43,258 posts, read 77,021,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadMia7 View Post
Mike, that's a shame, no basement lots in phase 1? Although some agents say there will be some in phase 1. I think maybe no one knows yet? Or let's keep it a secret? Maybe we will have to forget the walk-out basement idea. Where did you get this information, from the 4 builders themselves?

Those 4 builders seem great!
I called Wardson's and was told that.
I'm going to contact the probable on-site agent and get on his radar at some point.
He'll have more details to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 07:39 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,224,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I'm going to contact the probable on-site agent and get on his radar at some point.
Probable?

They always use him on new developments.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Probable?

They always use him on new developments.
Smart agents avoid absolutes.
What if he hits the lottery and finds a higher calling?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Smart agents avoid absolutes.
What if he hits the lottery and finds a higher calling?
There's always that possibility.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:41 PM

45 posts, read 76,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bug86 View Post
Future Homes built our house in 2006. Overall we have been very happy. Occasionally I call Jim Thompson with questions (not issues), always takes our call.
My wife essentially made all the design choices in the house, no problems there. They would not budge on structural changes, but in your price range, they might.

Thanks for your opinions on FutureHomes! I have heard great things about the quality of them and also Roebuck Design Build. I also got confused because there is another builder in the area also called just Roebuck who builds houses at a slightly lower price. I hope FutureHomes are more into make a few changes with walls like Wardson, since they do market themselves as a custom builder and say things "can be changed to your taste." We will see!

Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:

Okay. Maybe Upright, Legacy or Amward have basement lots there! Unless if Wardson is the "main" developer and knows there is no basement opportunities there.

I think less than 50% of the people in this area say they care about a basement and will pay a premium. But I think over 50% here say they could care less about a basement, as I have found by searching on these threads. Which I think is a big reason Ashton Woods didn't even bother to try to build basements in Braemore.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ahh... I have been there. I know where it is. Narrow lots, eh? Bummer. It will be very convenient. GrayLine is building out there. I rather love them. We nearly bought one of their spec homes when we were shopping in 2012.

Not all of Copperleaf is over 1mil. The Estates are. The Manors aren't necessarily unless someone wants to spend that. You could get one for around 800k there, but that would be the top of your price bracket.

How fast do you need a home?

Sounds like Bellewood if you can wait (more house for your dollar) or Copperleaf Glen if you cannot wait.

I'd check with Copperleaf and see if you could build for 700-800k on one of the remaining lots that were just released, if any of them have basement potential. At a glance, it looks like they do, but I don't know that for sure.

I'd also ask them if they have any basement lots over in Copperleaf Glen.

If not, move on to Bellewood if you can wait to build.

For what it's worth, Sedgefield looks cute so far. We drove through there a couple of weeks ago. Homes being constructed at a brisk pace. If they have a basement lot, it may work out if you don't need a large lot. We aren't on a very large lot and our house is the size you're thinking of building. We do NOT care. Less grass to mow!

You're right, Grayline is great! From what Ive seen so far.

We can wait quite a bit for purchasing a house. So just trying to figure out these very few upcoming neighborhoods in west Cary. Guess we'll just "wait and see." With these new neighborhoods, am I being too proactive? Because I ask my agent, and I ask other agents, call builders and they don't know a lot of info yet or don't want to say. I don't want to be bugging people, like you guys on the boards. But then other agents say you have to be very proactive or the lot you want will be long gone.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Okay. Maybe Upright, Legacy or Amward have basement lots there! Unless if Wardson is the "main" developer and knows there is no basement opportunities there.

I think less than 50% of the people in this area say they care about a basement and will pay a premium. But I think over 50% here say they could care less about a basement, as I have found by searching on these threads. Which I think is a big reason Ashton Woods didn't even bother to try to build basements in Braemore.
Always go to the source...
I called Wardson Construction specifically because they ARE Chase Properties for all intents and purposes.
Both are located at 1000 Darrington Drive, Suite 105.

I think Braemore's topography didn't offer the compromised lots that people typically use for basement homes here. It is mostly gently sloped, without enough grade for a lot of daylight basements.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:

It's also because Ashton Woods isn't much of a builder.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Always go to the source...
I called Wardson Construction specifically because they ARE Chase Properties for all intents and purposes.
Both are located at 1000 Darrington Drive, Suite 105.

I think Braemore's topography didn't offer the compromised lots that people typically use for basement homes here. It is mostly gently sloped, without enough grade for a lot of daylight basements.
Yeah...I did take a jab at Ashton Woods, but I doubt they had more than 1 or 2 lots that could've accommodated a basement and being tract, what was the point?

If Wardson says there are no basement lots, I'd believe it (unless it was their admin, I've gotten weird responses from the admin). They really are Chase Properties.

Mike knows this, OP, but Amward and Wardson are two builder teams comprised of brothers. They're all brothers.

Upright are, if memory serves, close friends of theirs. Soo... if that gives you any idea... these guys all work very closely together. In fact, my own neighborhood was built by Wardson, Amward, and Upright.

Keeps the neighborhood consistent, but far from "cookie-cutter" (I hate that term).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary