Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 06:08 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,931,519 times

Advertisements

So when selling a house and a potential buyer decides to focus elsewhere you may get some feedback from the lookers such as "liked another house better, decided on another neighborhood, etc." Is it too much to ask my realtor to get more specifics? (Such as specific reasons *WHY* they liked something else better?)

My realtor seems put-off because I keep pressing her to get more feedback when those generic responses come to us. I am not one of those who think my property is "all that" so if there is something that needs fixing or changing I will do it.

A few weeks ago after I demanded she follow-up on yet another generic response she got more info that the people were really put-off by the barking dog next door. (Which was always a concern of mine.) The initial feedback came across as "liked another lot better" and after further investigation it was because of the barking dog. On a side note, ********* people who leave your dogs outside all day in the unsafe heat and allow them to bark nonstop at anything that moves within a 1/4 mile of the house. OK rant over.

So after I found that out I talked to my neighbor and now I am sending him the appointments I get so they can put the dog inside before lookers come over. This type of thing is the reason why I am asking to get more specific feedback. I realize not every agent will get back to her with info but she doesn't even seem to try to get more info. If we get an email with a generic non-specific response that is the end of it.

So am I being too demanding asking her to get specifics? Would like some thoughts on this.....thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
you're represented by a Realtor, and for we Realtors to give you any advice is verboten. The only thing I'll say is the only feedback that matters is "really like it coming back tomorrow for a 2nd look/writing an offer tonight". If you go the real estate professionals forum on CD, you may get answers from folks in other locales.

Old 07-08-2014, 07:45 PM

152 posts, read 366,765 times
any chance that the dog was a beagle? LOL

Old 07-08-2014, 07:58 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,931,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban Dime View Post
any chance that the dog was a beagle? LOL
Nope...a big German Shepherd. He tends to hang out in their fenced backyard on my side of their lot. If you pull onto my driveway that dog goes nuts as soon as it hears a car door slam. The neighbors are good to call it inside and/or tell it to shut-up when they are home, but they are gone a lot and the dog stays outside when they are not there - no matter how hot or cold it may be outside. I feel terrible for the dog as we truly believe he acts this way because he's neglected.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:04 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
When I'm working with buyers and we see 6 or 7 homes in a few hours, they don't always KNOW why they don't like a home. Sometimes it is just the floor plan. Sometimes the kitchen isn't large enough. I ALWAYS send feedback and I try to be specific on what they like and don't like. But...some buyers aren't so forthcoming. Some just don't like the house!

When I'm working with sellers, I am amazed at the number of agents that do not send feedback. I send 2 requests for feedback. Sometimes I follow up with a phone call. But...those agents that give none or little feedback, that is all you may get from them. It is hard for sellers to understand that.

I used to tell my sellers that those buyers are either so busy writing up the offer that they can't stop long enough to give feedback or...they just don't want the house!

Move on!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:04 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,188,592 times
Have you considered setting up a recording device to capture the conversations?

Old 07-08-2014, 08:10 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,284,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
That is disturbing.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Feedback should be to help the seller and agent, but there are a couple of points to consider.

Many agents take feedback as sales objections, and call and aggressively try to sell through the perceived objection. It is a sometimes quite a nuisance.
Many sellers and agents get offended at feedback if it is less than favorable, and replies can be less than professional.
So, often it is easier to give "Deal-breaker Feedback." mentioning an irrefutable issue that is a deal-breaker for the buyer.
It is not the detail some sellers say they want to hear, but it makes it easier to close out the showing episode.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:16 PM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncsmomndad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
That is disturbing.
Uh... "Illegal" might be a better term. Strongly suggest a seller not record audio.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:22 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,188,592 times
But is it really illegal to record in your own home? What are the laws here regarding that? I know when we were first out here house hunting, a webcam was placed prominently on a fireplace mantle. Our agent saw it too and didn't say a word about it. We don't tend to chat about anything regarding offers in houses so all they got was feedback on how the house showed and our opinions about it. No biggie to us. If it helped them sell it to someone, then more power to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary