Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 12:05 PM

8 posts, read 10,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsadventure2014 View Post
thank you ! i love hearing from people who live in WS, and thanks to everyone who chimed in so far. what you said about cheaper taxes, larger homes with larger lots, friendly people, etc, that is exactly what we are looking for.

we are thinking about making this our 'almost forever home' (raising the kids and living there for another 10 to 15 years) and being as 'forward thinking' as we can about that area. today i was talking to a realtor who told me that it is estimated that appx 104 people move INTO the triangle area PER DAY.

personally i am taking that number with a grain of salt, but it needs to be said that A LOT of people are relocating to the Raleigh area (s). We are coming from a large urban area, southern ca, which is a universe (bubble is a better word) unto itself. Urban sprawl has choked out anything natural and serene about living here. it's not manhatten, but it's not a serene place to live, and it's a rat race.

I could be wrong, but if RTP is growing at the rate it's reported to be growing, it won't be too long (within the next 10 to 15 years) that it becomes a bit of a rat race too.

that is why we are staying away from cary, apex, and raleigh proper. it's growing very fast and will eventually become what we are so wanting to get away from. we are not the kind of 'californians' who want to leave our so. california to end up in another 'little so. california'. we love the charms of the south, we love the people most of all. we love that you can drive a little country road to get to a grocery store.

our goal is to eventually retire with a few smaller rental properties, and we cannot afford that lifestyle here in so cal, but there are still charming homes in NC that are 'affordable' - that would be great rentals, and of course, our plan of attack for those homes would be in the apex's and holly springs' areas. the lure of amenities and lots of places to go and do and see.

but for us, day in and day out, i guess we are a little boring compared to others - sort of home bodies, who enjoy our yard, our gardens and walks in nature, drives through the country. we long to just slow down and see the stars at night...we don't require much in terms of 'city life'.

i will do have one question for those of you in FV and Holly springs, Willow springs is not that far out from those towns, so i'm trying to understand how it's being viewed as "OUT THERE" - i get that it is more residential etc, but with decent shopping 15 min away, is it THAT far out there? or does it just 'feel' like it?

we are going to be flying over on the 4th through the 8th, just to make one last trip before we 'officially move' for good, hoping against hope the house i see on zillow is still on the market when we get there and it's everything i hoped it would be in person, because we want to make an offer. (exciting!) and we will make the drive from WS to FV on up to raleigh and all around, just to see if we are thinking 'right' lol...

i do LOVE all your input! tell me more
You've got the right idea! I'm glad you have an area and home in sight. Just keep in mind; our home is currently on the market and inventory is a little low (depending on price, location, etc.). Vickie may chime in on this, but depending on zip code/County and school preference, the homes seem to be moving quickly. We're in the same boat; we've got homes we want to see or buy in the area, but they keep getting offers and going contingent. Our house has been on the market for 18 days and we've had 6 showings with great interest and feedback. Im not trying to be a " debbie downer", just be open minded and keep some options open if the home you are interested in does sell. A good REA will be very helpful and you can find what fits all your needs plus settle into your new forever home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 02:44 PM

42 posts, read 58,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis-89 View Post
You've got the right idea! I'm glad you have an area and home in sight. Just keep in mind; our home is currently on the market and inventory is a little low (depending on price, location, etc.). Vickie may chime in on this, but depending on zip code/County and school preference, the homes seem to be moving quickly. We're in the same boat; we've got homes we want to see or buy in the area, but they keep getting offers and going contingent. Our house has been on the market for 18 days and we've had 6 showings with great interest and feedback. Im not trying to be a " debbie downer", just be open minded and keep some options open if the home you are interested in does sell. A good REA will be very helpful and you can find what fits all your needs plus settle into your new forever home!
I am sending you a DM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary