Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 06:56 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I thought someone here said that Wholefoods is not going there (on 55 near 540) and that Aldi has taken the spot and will open in fall-2017. Did I just dream that? (It would make me WAY happier than a Whole Food)
I thought Aldi was going in by the Walgreen's on 55 in Apex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I thought Aldi was going in by the Walgreen's on 55 in Apex?
That would be even better for me. I'll use this info to track down more info. I've also heard there 'might' be one on Cary Parkway between US1 and Tryon.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:38 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,989,186 times
Aldi has filed with Cary for locations at Green Level Church/Carpenter Fire Station and Cary Parkway/US 1. They've filed with Apex for a location at 55/Old Jenks.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:28 AM

86 posts, read 123,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Aldi has filed with Cary for locations at Green Level Church/Carpenter Fire Station and Cary Parkway/US 1. They've filed with Apex for a location at 55/Old Jenks.
Here's a link to the plans for the Aldi location on NC 55 next to the Walgreens http://www.apexnc.org/DocumentCenter/View/16153

Old 08-24-2017, 07:56 PM

163 posts, read 154,644 times
Amazon Prime Whole Foods discount - Business Insider

"Amazon Prime members will soon get special discounts at Whole Foods.

Amazon's acquisition of Whole Foods will close on Monday, and the companies say they will then lower the prices of many grocery items."

Old 08-25-2017, 05:00 AM

678 posts, read 738,198 times
With the Amazon deal closing Monday, I have more confidence that this WF store is still going to be built. Among other things, Amazon wanted the store locations near prime demographics (upper middle class), which they are getting in West Cary. Don't see how they would abandon that location now.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:29 AM

346 posts, read 339,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
With the Amazon deal closing Monday, I have more confidence that this WF store is still going to be built. Among other things, Amazon wanted the store locations near prime demographics (upper middle class), which they are getting in West Cary. Don't see how they would abandon that location now.
Yeah this store will open as a Whole Foods. As an Amazon Prime member, I'm interested in seeing how the integration works. Also glad Amz is pushing WFs prices down

Old 08-25-2017, 12:35 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarksn9 View Post
Yeah this store will open as a Whole Foods. As an Amazon Prime member, I'm interested in seeing how the integration works. Also glad Amz is pushing WFs prices down

I don't shop at WF but I'm curious how you'll prove you're a Prime member. If they lower prices and have deals for Prime members I might be persuaded to go over there.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:54 PM

807 posts, read 689,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpains29 View Post
The building is actually already up on Arco St in the new Alston Town Center development. It just hasn't opened. News reports and signs in the windows indicate that it will open within the next few months.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:05 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
I don't shop at WF but I'm curious how you'll prove you're a Prime member. If they lower prices and have deals for Prime members I might be persuaded to go over there.
I imagine you'll be able to tie your phone number to a rewards card/number via amazon.com + WF. Then just enter/give your phone number like any other grocery store to get Prime benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary