Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:43 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,191 times

Advertisements

My husband arranged a sitter for tonight because it has been a long summer at home with my son and I am at my wits end. I think he knows I need a night out for a few hours.
So, sitter is arranged but dont know where to go. Last time we were able to escape at night we went to Buku downtown Raleigh. I was thinking maybe we need to escape some place different tonight. My husband will want a few drinks and I hate driving in the dark here. We are NW Raleigh near Brier Creek but want to go to some place new. We have only been here since Feb so we havent explored much at night, obviously with a four year old and no family around.
Help! I need to pick a place before 6 pm tonight!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 06:53 AM

181 posts, read 387,416 times
If you're willing to drive near the downtown area I would suggest Glenwood Grill, it's a few miles past Crabtree. But if you want to stay very close to NW Raleigh area, maybe Capital City Chophouse near the airport.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:58 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Margaux's would be an excellent choice. It's just south of 540 on Creemoor Road.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Menu « Mandolin

Or, in another direction:

An Cuisines

Old 08-15-2014, 07:03 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dio108 View Post
If you're willing to drive near the downtown area I would suggest Glenwood Grill, it's a few miles past Crabtree. But if you want to stay very close to NW Raleigh area, maybe Capital City Chophouse near the airport.
Amazingly, those two were EXACTLY what I was thinking!!! With a strong preference for Glenwood Grill, which is not really downtown. Its just off Glenwood Ave, about 15-20 minutes away from Brier Creek CC (which is where we live).

Avoid the nearby Longhorn Steakhouse like the plague. Sadly, it was one if the worst and most overpriced meals weve suffered through in ages.

Another thought is The Peddler, also on Glenwood Ave, but quite close. Old timey steakhouse with the feel that its 1965, and the food is quite good with excellent service. Lots of regulars.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:07 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,929,869 times
Blow it out at The Angus Barn. Ah hell, you don't live but once

Old 08-15-2014, 07:12 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,191 times
Thanks guys. We went to Margaux's for my bday when we had quests in town. Good food, might consider that again since it is close. We dont do big chain restaurants. Ack! Never good especially on a Fri night. Havent been to the Angus but hubby does love steak. I am a cheap skate and paying the sitter at least $10 an hour doesnt leave much money to play with. LOL
We have family coming over from the UK and I know they will want to go out to some nice places. I will keep this list handy for when they are here as well.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:26 AM

826 posts, read 1,932,932 times
You could go to Bella Monica for some good Italian and a fun atmosphere. From BC/Leesville area, hop onto Ebenezer Church to Duraleigh (just watch all the curves ands hills in the dark!) or Duraleigh down to just below Edwards Mill. In the Harris Teeter shopping plaza. I know there are often waits on Fridays and Saturdays though unless you go early.

You could go to Wine 101 for some drinks (wines and beers) then pop next door to Waraji for some very good sushi/Japanese food/sake. That's on Duraleigh closer to Glenwood.

Have fun!

Old 08-15-2014, 07:40 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,496,653 times
Depends how much you want to spend. If you want something more casual that is close to you and not a chain:
-Relish
-Gonza Taco and Tequilla
-Dos Taquitos
-The Peddler (already mentioned and great food)
-Bella Monica (already said above is great as well)

There are a bunch of others, but thats just quickly off the top of my head.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:40 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,986,002 times
What about Mez (on Page Road, I think?). It's across from the big Quintiles building. I was there a few years ago, but if I recall correctly, it was yummy contemporary Mexican, with a cool, hip vibe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary