Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 PM

10 posts, read 52,740 times

Advertisements

I'm seeking an historical look to my red brick home in North Raleigh using LIME WASH, NOT paint.... Something that looks like this:

http://www.mariakillam.com/wp-conten...04/image45.jpg

This look is achieved NOT with paint, but with Lime Wash.. something the romans "invented" thousands of years ago. It never peels, but will "slough off" over the years... and unlike paint it prevents the growth of mold due to the high alkaline content of the Lime used.

This technique requires patience and is NOT like regular painting.. although it is applied in a similar fashion.

I'm trying to find a paint contractor in the Raleigh area with the right "mind set" to do this for me.

Do you know anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 02:28 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Just want to say that this type finish is my favorite.
If I had brick I would try to copy that look in the photo !!

Old 08-20-2014, 05:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
I'm interested in what you find out. Our house is lime washed red brick and a contractor blasted it off our front steps and never paid to fix it.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:10 AM

205 posts, read 487,651 times
I'm bumping this up in hopes of finding a painter experienced in limewashing. For such a cool, Eco-friendly and durable masonry finish, it's surprising how few painters are familiar with it. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,563 times
Have you been able to find a painter familiar with this technique? I would like the same finish on my brick front house.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:12 AM

612 posts, read 1,280,174 times
well, it's been a few years since this was last bumped. I'm hoping that someone will have a referral this time around. I've done a lot of searching, calling, etc and can't seem to find anyone locally that has experience with exterior brick limewash applications. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-03-2019, 09:51 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,643,408 times
According to their Facebook page, Hansell Painting in Durham does it:

https://www.facebook.com/HansellPainting/

"We love it when a customer comes to us and says they can't find someone to do a custom finish. A good example of this is the ROMABIO Classico Lime Wash finish we just completed for a newly built home. Hansell Painting can deliver top quality custom finishes inside and out."

Old 12-03-2019, 10:26 AM

612 posts, read 1,280,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
According to their Facebook page, Hansell Painting in Durham does it:

https://www.facebook.com/HansellPainting/

"We love it when a customer comes to us and says they can't find someone to do a custom finish. A good example of this is the ROMABIO Classico Lime Wash finish we just completed for a newly built home. Hansell Painting can deliver top quality custom finishes inside and out."
Awesome! I just submitted a request on their site for a quote, and will hopefully hear from them soon. I really appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary