Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:36 AM

441 posts, read 1,291,912 times

Advertisements

Looks like Publix will be biulding a new store in Heritage

wakeforestgazette.com/publix-coming-wake-forest-maybe-2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 06:45 AM

342 posts, read 388,157 times
I am so happy. The only 3 things I miss about living in Florida is my family, Florida Gator football and Publix (especially there fried chicken). When I go home, the first thing I do is head for Publix.

And I am so thrilled that one of the very few Publix's in the state will be less than a mile from my house. SO HAPPY!!

Old 08-29-2014, 07:32 AM

195 posts, read 286,117 times
Any news on the other one? Is that going to happen? It would be much closer to where I live.

EDIT: And I think you meant to say "Florida STATE football". Go Noles!

Old 08-29-2014, 07:39 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
I've been to Publix before and I just don't get it. I mean, it's not like Wegmans. What's the big deal?

Old 08-29-2014, 07:52 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
I'm kind of ho-hum about Publix. I've been the them in Florida and felt like they were like most other grocery stores I have been too.

Bronskrat: Are you asking about the proposed Publix for the spot at Falls of Neuse & Dunn Road in N. Raleigh? That is ongoing. A rezoning process is currently underway that would allow for the Publix to happen there, but there is growing opposition from the nearby neighborhoods. It's actually getting a little ugly. I expect it will be resolved by the end of fall, but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw some propaganda from both sides of the issue popping up in the media very soon.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:40 AM

613 posts, read 746,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronskrat View Post
Any news on the other one? Is that going to happen? It would be much closer to where I live.

Felony State?

Old 08-29-2014, 08:45 AM

459 posts, read 757,593 times
Quote:

No, I'm sure she meant 'Florida Gators Football'. Go Gators!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
It is great to see Publix coming to Wake Forest. Its Cary store should be opening in a few weeks. I hope more stores will be announced soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
I've been to Publix before and I just don't get it. I mean, it's not like Wegmans. What's the big deal?
Publix may be another grocery store to some people. Its growth and success means it is doing something right serving its customers, and retaining its team members for working hard to serve those customers. As other chains like Lowe's Foods and Food Lion close their doors, Publix continues to open theirs.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I'm kind of ho-hum about Publix. I've been the them in Florida and felt like they were like most other grocery stores I have been too.

Bronskrat: Are you asking about the proposed Publix for the spot at Falls of Neuse & Dunn Road in N. Raleigh? That is ongoing. A rezoning process is currently underway that would allow for the Publix to happen there, but there is growing opposition from the nearby neighborhoods. It's actually getting a little ugly. I expect it will be resolved by the end of fall, but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw some propaganda from both sides of the issue popping up in the media very soon.
I would like to see the north Raleigh Publix realized. Unfortunately, the situation has become ugly.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:48 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
Lowe's are actually revamping all their stores and going even more local. The one we go to in Apex is in the process now of remodeling. It seems like they want to keep their strong core in NC and remain a true locally owned company. Lowes Foods revamping stores with 'homegrown' focus - Winston-Salem Journal: Local Business

Old 08-29-2014, 09:52 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,296,502 times
Publix is one of the best grocery customer service chains. Always accommodating. And theirs is the only "store bought" fried chicken I'll eat -- delish!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary