Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 03:35 PM
ROW ROW started this thread

21 posts, read 60,298 times

Advertisements

I have a couple of question about my upcoming move to Durham, maybe someone can help me out. I am moving to Jersey Ave in Durham which is behind Lakewood Shopping Center. I have 2 children in grade school and 1 child in middle school. Can someone tell me which schools will they be going to? Also, what paperwork is needed to enroll them? What company provides electric for Durham? Would it be a good ideal to open an account now? Do anyone knows if time warner does transfers to another state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 03:55 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,691,253 times
If you go to www.dpsnc.net you can plug in an address to figure out the schools, and how to enroll. Duke Power handles the electric, and we do have Time Warner, though I'm not sure how the transfer thing works.

Old 12-26-2007, 05:25 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,028,208 times
I think that you can at least not have to give deposits, etc with time warner if you have it another state..........they can look at your bill, etc and determine if you are a good customer. They can probably help in the facilitation process a bit.

Definitely contact the durham county schools and determine what you need for a transfer. In wake county you need a letter from your previous school district stating the student is in good standing. Check the durham county website to determine what you need.

Leigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary