Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 04:19 AM

12 posts, read 39,421 times

Advertisements

Yesterday my family and I looked at houses for rent in Cary/Apex/N. Raleigh and I was dismayed at what we saw. And I'm not prepared to buy appliances or deal with lawn care. I think we need a corporate apartment instead.

We are a family of two, one works out of town, the other cares for two small children. Kindergarten is two years away yet. We're moving from out-of-state urban condo, with 1500 square feet of furnishings and boxes. We want a six month rental with a month-to-month option after that; we're motived to buy in the spring once we check out the neighborhoods.

I need a link to a top-notch corporate rental with parking, laundry in the unit, and excellent security. We need three bedrooms, up to 2000 square feet. Short term lease with month-to-month options after six months.

Any ideas? We're here for a few more days before we go home and pack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 04:59 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,119,115 times
Check out Inman Park apartments. They have two story apartments that are huge. The complex is newer and well maintained. I lived in a one bedroom/one bath with garage. My next door neighbors were on a short term lease on a three bedroom/two bathroom/two car garage. Of course, with that kind of square footage, the rent isn't inexpensive.

It might be the simple solution for you.

http://www.inmanparkapartments.com/

Old 12-27-2007, 05:38 AM

5,732 posts, read 17,554,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prentiss View Post
I think we need a corporate apartment instead.

We're moving from out-of-state urban condo, with 1500 square feet of furnishings and boxes. We want a six month rental with a month-to-month option.

I need a link to a top-notch corporate rental with parking, laundry in the unit, and excellent security. We need three bedrooms, up to 2000 square feet. Short term lease with month-to-month options after six months.

Any ideas?
When you say "corporate rental" do you mean a large apartment complex run by a corporation, or do you mean a furnished apartment that is generally rented out to businessmen/women on short term assignments?

There are tons of large apartment complexes run by corporations. Just pick an area of town that you want to live in and I'm sure you can get a number of ideas from people on this forum.

I can tell you that I lived in a nice apartment complex in Morrisville that meets all of your needs. You didn't mention your price range, but I had a 2-bedroom/2-bath apartment for under $1000/month. We rented for 6 months and then went month-to-month.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:48 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,425,610 times
We had a good-sized apartment in Carpenter Village. Three bedrooms, two and a half bath, townhome-style, with an attached two-car garage. At the time, the rent was $1200. At the end of our stay, I had become very dismayed with the office personnel -- one person, in particular, and made sure to complain to corporate about her style of management. Other than that, we liked the apartment (it had a fireplace, too), were very safe in the area, had quiet neighbors, could put plants in the ground around the place, and it was a good location for getting out to walk, stroll the greenway, go over to a new branch of the public library.

Good luck in your search.

Did you look at homes listed with Block & Associates at nchomerentals? There are a few houses for rent, here, in Carpenter Village -- one in particular comes to mind, on a cul-de-sac with families with little ones. I saw a sign in the yard the other day.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:54 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,425,610 times
Default Inman Park

I looked at the site for Inman Park someone was kind enough to post here. The floorplan for the three-bedroom with the attached garage is the exact floor plan we had at Carpenter Village.

We had good space, ample storage, and loved being able to pull into the garage and come into the apartment. It was more like being in a small home.

Maybe Carpenter Village will be a little cheaper, since it's not as new?

Old 12-27-2007, 01:47 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,661,951 times
I had friends stay at Crabtree Crossing apartments/townhouses in Morrisville (on the N. Cary, Morrisville border) and were pretty pleased with maintenance-free townhome living for their short-term rental (the 6 months while they searched for a new construction house and then while their house was being built).

Old 12-27-2007, 03:38 PM

139 posts, read 616,657 times
Any idea how much the 2 bedrooms go for at the Inman complex??? I am considering renting when I get down there in February.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:45 PM

1,467 posts, read 5,119,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annieproductions View Post
Any idea how much the 2 bedrooms go for at the Inman complex??? I am considering renting when I get down there in February.
I'm thinking the 2 bedroom I looked at was listed in the 800-900 range. I ended up choosing the 1 bedroom with attached garage since I didn't need a second bedroom just wanted the space. The one bedroom was HUGE. Plus, the garage fit my car and all my storage furniture and boxes from the old house. Like most complexes, Inman runs specials.

It's a great location...close to a Greenway that links into Shelley Lake, Crabtree Mall, and the 440 beltline. More importantly, I felt really safe in the neighborhood. The management there doesn't put up with bad/questionable/etc behavior from the residents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary