U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-27-2007, 01:31 PM

18 posts, read 70,107 times
Default Nice towns with houses in the 150-180k range

What towns should I look at for housing in the range of 150-180k. I have a daughter entering kindergarten next year so I want to be in good school district but also be able to afford house. Which areas should i stay away from, i don't want to live in a bad area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-27-2007, 01:38 PM

7,051 posts, read 12,911,369 times
I think it depends on what are you are looking for. Just about every town and city in the triangle has homes in that price range. You can probably get a newer house for the money though if you choose to live outside of the metro areas and more towards the SE side of Wake County or in Johnston County or Durhma County.
The larger metro areas have homes in this price range that tend to be older and smaller, but frequently have larger yards.
I live in central Cary and own a home in that price range. Our yards are large but our homes are all 70's built ranches and split levels. Many people are starting to take advantage of the lower housing costs here and remodeling these older homes. The area is extremely convenient to just about everything in the triangle, but some people just don't like the older neighborhoods and prefer something newer in place like Knighdale, Wilson, Rolesville or Garner.
Find a good agent who knows the area and with whom you can discuss your specific needs.
Good luck!

Unread 12-27-2007, 02:51 PM

37 posts, read 90,241 times
Default Apex Homes in 150-180 range

My husband and I actually live in a nice little neighborhood that is in the West Lake schools(top notch) and are moving soon. The average house is about 1200-1500 sq ft and built in early-mid 90's. They go for 150-170k. It's only a five minute drive to Fuquay where they've built a lot of new restaurants and shops and only 20 minutes to most malls (crabtree/cary towne). great location and great value. BTW they're building new homes right behind our development and 1800 sq ft starts at 240...so the area is obviously becoming a hot commodity! Amherst (off johnson Pond Rd)....you may also want to look in Sawyer's Mill.

Unread 12-27-2007, 03:37 PM

579 posts, read 1,867,631 times
IMO, your best bets for nice houses in nice areas in that range are:

Clayton
Fuquay
Holly Springs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary