Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:55 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,918,694 times

Advertisements

We're in temporary corporate housing; and it's a furnished apartment. So although we don't need to move a whole house worth of stuff, we have enough larger items to move that a van or at least a flatbed truck would be necessary. Due to past horrible experiences, I'm totally opposed to U-Haul.

The biggest items are a baby crib and a couple of large plastic storage boxes.

Anyone know of/have used a van rental place other than U-Haul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 01:59 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times
Try Enterprise Rent A Car....they have cargo vans and pick up trucks, unlimited miles and usually pretty decent prices.......plus they will pick you up.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Try Enterprise Rent A Car....they have cargo vans and pick up trucks, unlimited miles and usually pretty decent prices.......plus they will pick you up.

Hey, that's a good idea. Don't really need them to pick me up, but if they have cargo vans that might work out pretty well. Thanks for the idea.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:11 PM

You are very welcome.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:22 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,150 times
My husband used Enterprise to rent a truck to move some cubes from Raleigh to Richmond. If you have AAA you'll get a great discount.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:24 PM

Good call. I am also not sure if they still do but check those mailers and magazines you get with coupons and stuff. In MD they used to send coupons out all of the time.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:29 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
I just rented from Enterprise and I had unlimited miles and I wasn't told I couldn't drive it across the country if I wanted to. But I was told to turn it in where I picked it up, so if I did drive it across the country I might've had to pay a fee or something if I didn't drive it back. Don't know for sure.

They put me in a 2007 PT Cruiser to drive while my car was in the shop and I considered taking the minivan they offered me instead to drive to NC and back (to Houston) in it...but then I thought about how I was going to come up with >$400 to get that gas-hog back and forth from there. At least I wasn't told I couldn't do it.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:35 PM

Usually with the unlimited miles there is a region you are restricted to. In MD it was the surrounding states plus NJ and NC...Down here it is most likely The surrounding states plus MD and WV. They don't know if you are really going where you say you are going but if it not on the "contract" and you crash, get pulled over, breakdown etc you can be yanked from the car or in some states arrested.....yes arrested. Crazy huh?

Old 12-28-2007, 07:57 PM

426 posts, read 1,490,252 times
How many miles do you plan on driving? It might be worth checking out budget truck rental. No personal experience with them but their prices are good and anything is better than U-Haul (Who hasnt had a bad U-Haul experience?!) You can rent a van/10 ft truck for $17.09 per day and 44c per mile if you use code GIFT1.

When are you guys moving? We are also in a furnished corporate apartment. We are set to close on our house/move in 2 wks. Its only 5 miles from here, so Im prob just going to drive back and forth with my minivan

Old 12-28-2007, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaLakn View Post
How many miles do you plan on driving? It might be worth checking out budget truck rental. No personal experience with them but their prices are good and anything is better than U-Haul (Who hasnt had a bad U-Haul experience?!) You can rent a van/10 ft truck for $17.09 per day and 44c per mile if you use code GIFT1.

When are you guys moving? We are also in a furnished corporate apartment. We are set to close on our house/move in 2 wks. Its only 5 miles from here, so Im prob just going to drive back and forth with my minivan
I've only got to move about 8 miles, so distance isn't really a factor, it's just that I've got a Civic and the wife has a Camry, and the baby crib won't fit in either. We close Jan 18th. I'm sure we'll make a couple of trips as well, but a van would certainly help a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary