U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-30-2007, 05:59 PM

3,155 posts, read 6,597,678 times
Default Christmas Tree Recycling???

I'm in Durham (Southpoint area). So where can I recycle my Christmas Tree? Pretty sure I can do it curb side. But I always like supporting the Boy Scouts or such. Please post your ideas for tree recycling regardless of where you live in the Triangle. Thanks!!

I love this time of year. Out with the old and in with the new!!...Of course we should recycle all that old and try to be socially responsible about how much new comes in. But you get the idea.

Happy New Year!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 05:43 PM

11 posts, read 27,780 times
Little River Regional Park is accepting Christmas trees for recycling in building in the park - bridges, hiking trails, etc.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 AM

1 posts, read 3,813 times
Hello, This is a correction to the previous post about the recycling of Christmas trees at Little River Regional Park. We ARE NOT accepting trees, nor serve as a drop off point for recycling.
Tarheelgrandma, I am not sure where you received this information.
If there are any questions please call the park 919-732-5505.
Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused.
Thank you.
Mike DiFabio - Park Manager

Old 01-05-2008, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 9,393 times
Default Durham's Eno River State Park is recycling Christmas trees

Eno River State Park is accepting trees. Here is the info from:

[url=http://www.enoriver.org/]The Eno River Association[/url]

Christmas Tree Recycling - Why take up space in the landfill when you can donate your Christmas tree to Eno River State Park? Trees will be used for trail renovation and erosion prevention. Please bring your tree to the park office for donation between December 26 - January 14. Remember to strip the tree of all decorations and remove the stand. No artificial trees! . For further information contact the park office at 919-383-1686.

Last edited by cmrick23; 01-05-2008 at 12:48 PM..

Old 12-29-2008, 06:09 AM

47 posts, read 75,719 times
Any updated information about recycling Christmas trees (since the original thread was for last Christmas)? We would love to recycle the tree instead of just leaving it for curb side pick-up.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:00 AM

529 posts, read 1,875,314 times
Here's another thought:

Gather several trees (2 or 3), lash them together with a sturdy twine, tie on a cinder block, and sink them in your local pond. They will provide habitat for the fish for a long time.

Regards,
Streamer1212

Old 12-29-2008, 07:27 AM

1,105 posts, read 1,708,332 times
Chapel Hill picks up Christmas trees with yard waste (http://townofchapelhill.org/index.asp?NID=390 - broken link) and does with the trees what they do with the other yard waste -- mulch it and/or compost it. Check with your local garbage collection people.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:32 AM

836 posts, read 2,176,664 times
eginning this week Raleigh residents should place their discarded trees at the curb with regular yard waste on their scheduled collection day. Be sure to remove all bags, stands, lights, tinsel, ornaments, and other non-vegetative items from the tree before placing it at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on the collection day. Residents should not put trees at the curbside prior to their collection day. Artificial trees being discarded should be disassembled and placed in garbage carts.

All natural Christmas trees collected by the City’s Solid Waste Services Department, including those taken to the Yard Waste Center, are recycled into wood chips and mulch. These products are sold to the general public at the City’s Yard Waste Center, located at 900 N. New Hope Road, which can be reached at 250-2728.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM

584 posts, read 1,596,899 times
Never heard of recycling Christmas trees. Still plan on putting mine at the curb, but I guess there's a service out there for everyone who wants it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary