Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 11:59 AM

2,924 posts, read 3,322,641 times

Advertisements

I had been watching this property on Davis Drive expecting to see a sign for new neighborhood and I just saw one today for Level Homes. This is property north of DJ's Berry patch on the other side of the road. There is a house that was vacated a couple of months ago and they used to have 2 horses, so the property is large. I have no idea how far back it goes or additional land that was purchased. This section of Davis Drive is one lane in each direction. Does anyone have any information on this subdivision? How many houses? Will they widen the road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 13 hours ago)

43,049 posts, read 76,581,655 times
It is 3 lots and about 14.75 acres. No idea on product or lot sizes planned.

I would expect to see the road widened on the west side, but who knows?

Old 10-30-2014, 02:18 PM

42 posts, read 55,534 times
Single family homes - 2500+ sq ft from 460's

Old 10-30-2014, 03:03 PM

"Canterbury Downs."

I would have called it Apex, since it is Apex to USPS.
Interesting how that came into Cary ETJ from Wake County. I guess Apex utility services were farther away.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:14 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,824,892 times
Annexed and Zoned by Cary at the January 30, 2014 council meeting. The neighboring properties on Farmpond Road wanted it to not be connected to their street, and the developers seem to have agreed to this request. Maximum of 28 homes on 14.75 acres. The developer will be required to dedicate 75' of right of way for Davis Drive. Subdivision plan was submitted to Cary 1 week ago.

The developer is proposing to fully widen Davis Drive with a paved median w/turn lane. They are requesting Fee-In-Lieu for the cost of widening Farmpond Road and building a landscaped median in the middle of Davis Drive.

Eventually Westhigh Street is supposed to be connected to Davis Drive and Farmpond Road connected to Howell Road. The Westhigh street connection IMO cannot happen fast enough. Waldo Rood is getting very busy with traffic lately, and connecting Westhigh Street could be a better alternate route for some.

Last edited by orulz; 10-31-2014 at 09:28 AM..

Old 10-31-2014, 09:32 AM

2,924 posts, read 3,322,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post
Annexed and Zoned by Cary at the January 30, 2014 council meeting. The neighboring properties on Farmpond Road wanted it to not be connected to their street, and the developers seem to have agreed to this request. Maximum of 28 homes on 14.75 acres. The developer will be required to dedicate 75' of right of way for Davis Drive. Subdivision plan was submitted to Cary 1 week ago.

The developer is proposing to fully widen Davis Drive with a paved median w/turn lane. They are requesting Fee-In-Lieu for the cost of widening Farmpond Road and building a landscaped median in the middle of Davis Drive.

Eventually Westhigh Street is supposed to be connected to Davis Drive and Farmpond Road connected to Howell Road. The Westhigh street connection IMO cannot happen fast enough. Waldo Rood is getting very busy with traffic lately, and connecting Westhigh Street could be a better alternate route for some.
Thank you for this information! I knew to be someone on here who knew something about it.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orulz View Post

Thanks for doing my homework for me!

I don't foresee a rail crossing to connect West High Street to Davis Drive.
It was in Centex's original plans, but I think that was just a marketing ploy.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:13 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,824,892 times
Westhigh Street connection is still on the Town's comprehensive transportation plan. Maybe the town can "buy it" by grade separating some major CSX crossing in the future (Maynard Road between W. Chatham and Old Apex is planned for example) Possibly they could also negotiate closure for some of the smaller, private crossings near Westhigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary