Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:20 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahlee boy View Post
I have learned that MANY people from Charlotte (TO INCLUDE CHARLOTTE DEVELOPERS) could care less how Raleigh looks or operates....TO INCLUDE our Governor who is partial to Charlotte. If it was up to me, I wouldn't let Charlotte Developers develop in Raleigh. IMO having a Governor that's partial to Charlotte is a BAD thing. I can agree, I'm disappointed thus far....time will tell.
I'm not even sure it is a Raleigh/Charlotte thing as much as Rural legislators v Urban. For years, Rural counties seemed to get their way on everything while Raleigh and Charlotte sent all our money to road projects and other things where people like Marc Basnight lived. Eventually the tide turned a bi, but now they are back with a vengeance and since they outnumber urban counties 8-1, its hard to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 06:57 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,623 times
Did not read all the post, but reading comments from other news articles I see that some are disappointed that it is going to be a destination park, since there are already good parks in the area. I say these people are limiting their thinking. Raleigh doesn't have a theme park and no a destination park is not a theme park but what can be done is that they can add a zoo in the heart of the park. Something similar to Greensboro's Sciquarium would work.

It's not that large but since it would be in a destination park it would work and would be a local attraction.

Old 01-26-2015, 07:12 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Sure, why not. People in cages on one side of the road; animals in cages on the other.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:17 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Sure, why not. People in cages on one side of the road; animals in cages on the other.
Touché! +1
Darn! The system says I can't give you a rep point until I spread it around some more. Dang it! Would others please post something clever and amusing so I can spread the rep love around a bit?

Old 01-27-2015, 02:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Touché! +1
Darn! The system says I can't give you a rep point until I spread it around some more. Dang it! Would others please post something clever and amusing so I can spread the rep love around a bit?
I gave the rep points for you.........after I finished laughing. It was quite good. Only problem, is laughing causes me more pain.

Old 01-27-2015, 02:53 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
I gave the rep points for you.........after I finished laughing. It was quite good. Only problem, is laughing causes me more pain.
Thanks man

Old 01-27-2015, 04:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,893,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Thanks man
You are more than welcome.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:25 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times
State senators now trying to torpedo the deal with a bill to put the property on the open market.

NC Senate bill would sell Dorothea Dix site to highest bidder | News and Observer News and Observer

Old 03-27-2015, 10:35 AM

662 posts, read 1,643,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
State senators now trying to torpedo the deal with a bill to put the property on the open market.

NC Senate bill would sell Dorothea Dix site to highest bidder | News and Observer News and Observer
This is why I'm pro-the city deal. This means any commercial developer could come in and do as they like. At least with the City it would be a park!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary