Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 06:06 AM

17 posts, read 44,639 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

My family and I recently moved to the area. We are potentially interested in purchasing a single family home in Apex, in particular in either the Scotts Mill or Whitehall Manor subdivisions. Are both of these areas highly desirable in Apex for families? Is either better overall in terms of potential resale? We really like the craftsman style homes in these subdivisions.

Thanks!

Last edited by KidEgo; 01-28-2015 at 06:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 06:09 AM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
They are both fine.
Scotts Mill offers a wider variety of houses, from various builders. So, there is more variation in style and quality.

Whitehall Manor was developed and built out by one firm. Having fewer homeowners, there is less money to support amenities. So, Scotts Mill has a much nicer pool, tennis, etc. I think that helps with resale.

Be aware of the railroad tracks across S. Salem Street, when picking a house site, if daily horn-blowing will bother you.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:14 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

Be aware of the railroad tracks across S. Salem Street, when picking a house site, if daily horn-blowing will bother you.
Parts of Scott's Mill are also VERY close to 540. Other parts would be a non-issue.

My ex-wife lived in the town home part of Scotts Mill after our divorce, and she loved it, and our daughter LOVED it there. Lots of kids to play with, they really enjoyed the pool, and in general, it was a good place to live. Note they were in the townhomes though, not the single family.

If you are aware of things like railroads and highways, and choose carefully, I think both are good choices. (Whitehall is ever so slightly closer to things...)

Old 01-28-2015, 06:40 AM

17 posts, read 44,639 times
Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:28 AM

386 posts, read 436,710 times
slight edge to Scotts Mill.

To me, the overall aesthetics are better and that pool/clubhouse combo is one of the nicer ones in the area.

can't really go wrong with either though

Old 01-28-2015, 07:36 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Last year, I had client who purchased in Scotts Mill. Inventory was LOW and homes were selling in DAYS.

Her mom also wanted to be in Scotts Mill in one of the smaller homes (not townhome) and we were CALLING homeowners to see if anyone had intentions of selling. The smaller homes were scooped up the day they went on the market.

Finally, the perfect home came on the market and although there were multiple offers, she got it!

Scotts Mill is highly desirable.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,107,382 times
Scotts Mill is a beautiful subdivision. Really, the train is NOTHING to think about. Adults can walk to restaurants in Apex (a mile I'm guessing) and to local festivities. A new Elementary school is being built for 2016 nearby at Apex Barbeque and NC540. New high school opening 2016 will be local to you. The other neighborhood looks nice too, but I haven't been in it. Architecture of Scotts Mill is nice for sure. This is a nice area, not so cookie cutter as a lot of new subdivisions.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:05 AM

715 posts, read 889,081 times
I would say Scotts Mill but in my opinion that entire area has changed with 540 coming in and its just very congested. When I built in Pearson Farms back in 1997 it was really great since it was out of the way very country feel had horses at Chapel Ridge. Now try getting onto Olive Chapel at 5/530 from the Apex Peakway as you have Bella Casa, Covington and Olive Chapel Park in the mix. Glad I sold back in 2007 since all I hear is complaints from renters that I have in another property in Pearson and can't blame them.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:56 PM

65 posts, read 168,487 times
Scotts Mill for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary